Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the email from SAF.

ILL. JUDGE RULES FOID CARD REQUIREMENT UNCONSTITUTIONAL FOR GUNS IN HOME
An Illinois Circuit Court Judge in White County has ruled the requirement for possessing a Firearm Owner’s Identification Card to possess a gun in the home is unconstitutional under the Second Amendment.​
The case is known as Illinois v. Vivian Claudine Brown. Her case is supported by the Second Amendment Foundation and Illinois State Rifle Association. According to Brown’s attorney, David Sigale of Wheaton, Ill., this is the second time a judge has declared the FOID Card Act unconstitutional, dismissing the charges against Brown, who had a bolt-action rifle in her home, but did not possess an FOID card.​
“The FOID Card requirement in order to exercise the constitutionally enumerated right to keep and bear arms under the Second Amendment clearly goes too far in this case,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. As White County Circuit Judge T. Scott Webb notes in his ruling, ‘It simply cannot be the case that a citizen must pay a fee in order to exercise a core individual Second Amendment right within their own home.’ For too long, Illinois has been treating this right like a regulated government privilege and that needs to stop.”​
In his ruling, Judge Webb observed, “If the right to bear arms and self-defense are truly core rights, there should be no burden on the citizenry to enjoy those rights, especially within the confines and privacy of their own homes.”​
This second ruling on FOID card constitutionality could clear a direct path back to the Illinois State Supreme Court, Gottlieb and attorney Sigale agree.​
“The idea that an Illinois resident doesn’t enjoy Second Amendment rights until he or she pays a $10 fee for a FOID card is outrageous,” Gottlieb said. “Nowhere should such a mandate be allowed to stand.”​

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
I prolly hate that damn FOID Card as much as anyone outside Illinois. My county borders Illinois and on a major interstate, (I-70) and many LGS ask for ID even from Indiana residents. Some dumb goober in .GOV in Indiana decided we'd be reciprocal for this stupidity, when nothing else between the 2 states is. We don't have reciprocal carry permits, nor taxes, or anything else, because when Illinois started going so far into debt, they buggered up the taxes for Indiana peeps working across the border...

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
The FOID was put in place by the Democrats to keep the minorities and poor from having access to self protection. It was designed to make them more dependent on the state and to keep them inline. And yet they (minorities and poor) continue to support the Democratic party. Thats how fucking stupid they are.

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
It's like every other gun law.

Leftist politician: Hey, lets make it harder for criminals and minorities to get guns! We'll make people get a special card, the minority won't be able to fill it out, and we can deny anyone...I mean, "criminals", before they even go to the gun store!!!

Sheeple Citizens: Well OK, I guess that's OK. It's for the kids, right?

Criminals: Gee...There's a law? I guess I won't steal or buy my guns from the gun store, then. Not that I ever HAVE done that. Idiots.

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
And yet they (minorities and poor) continue to support the Democratic party. Thats how fucking stupid they are.
And they are buying up guns like there's no tomorrow. Yet still voting democrat. Stupid is as stupid duzz. Can't fix stupid, can't talk sense into people that won't listen.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
And they are buying up guns like there's no tomorrow. Yet still voting democrat. Stupid is as stupid duzz. Can't fix stupid, can't talk sense into people that won't listen.
Not in States like Illinois they are not. They are buying them in free states

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
This is a huge win for 2nd Amendment rights of Illinois citizens. Second Amendment Foundation is awesome!

Where is the National Rifle Association? Probably Wayne LaPierre at the present is using more embezzled funds to buy himself more overpriced apparel and getting himself a few more vacation mansions around the United States.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
In now way is it right that you should to get any sort of permission slip from the govt to buy or own anything.

How about COID card - computer owner ID? would that stand a 1A challenge? How about a training requirement and testing for so-called journalists?

Agree with @ajole - any gun law with a price tag or time delay is meant to inhibit the peons from getting firearms. Make it costly and time consuming and many won't bother, at least not legally.

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
This pertains only to this case. They are working on raising the fees right now in Springfield (the capital.)

24 years a cop retired in MA reports with his opinion. It is one step to getting rid of it.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
This is a huge win for 2nd Amendment rights of Illinois citizens. Second Amendment Foundation is awesome!

Where is the National Rifle Association? Probably Wayne LaPierre at the present is using more embezzled funds to buy himself more overpriced apparel and getting himself a few more vacation mansions around the United States.
Nah. He's out muffing up another elephant.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Nah. He's out muffing up another elephant.
Well Mister LaPierre needs to. On a shoe string budget of a mere $1,200,000 per year in annual income it is hard to make ends meet in America. He needs to pay the bills.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts