Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone from a local forum know I'm looking for HP or HP clone and sent me a PM saying he might have a FEG for me but more details I'll have to wait till tomorrow when he get off of work.
I'm not too familiar with FEG, so can you guys help me correct me with detail and possibly pricing. Here are what I know from them:

FEG/KBI were made in Hungary. Compare to BHP, FN, or even FM it has really crappy finish. Not all FEG HP are the same, while PJK is the close if not true clone, P9(M), FP9 are very similar but some exterior difference (safety, slide stop, rib on the slide...etc). And the P9R is closer to s&w than to a HP.

That's pretty much all I know about FEG, can you guys give me some input, and what pricing on each different models. (I'm crossing my finger hoping it'll turn out to be a PJK...)

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
My younger brother has had one for about 10 years, he's happy with it. The only thing he has done is put a Packmeyer grip on it. The internal parts seem well machined and polished to a smooth finish. The outside finish has lasted fairly well but seems a bit rough. The accuracy is on a par with a real High Power.

Ron M.

·
Registered
799 Posts
i have never heard anything bad about FEG and buddy of mine has a FEG AK and its fit and finish are great. I have been eyeballing one myself just cant seem to decide between that and a CAI 1911 I keep flipping back and forth.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Be careful about the round "commander" hammer. The one on mine kept biting me something fierce. I finally sold the pistol since I didn't have the skills to reshape the hammer nor the money to replace it. Other than that, it's a great first gen. semi-auto pistol. Enjoy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've had a FEG FP9 for over twenty years. I also have a Browning Hi-Power that I carried when I was in the Navy. The PF9 shoots as good or better than the Browning, and even looks better with the ventilated rib on top. I understand that the parts are mostly interchangeable, and since I've cleaned them together many times, I've probably mixed the parts. Both are very dependable, and I would have a problem choosing between them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts