I'm going to be a DAD! man that feels weird to type :)

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by shelbyzman, Dec 20, 2007.

1. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    Found out this morning that my wife and I are going to have a baby.....

It really hasn't completely sunk in yet.

We are both very excited!

Please keep us in your prayers.

2. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

3. Fenix

Fenix Guest

congrats, and kiss the next 2 years of peaceful sleep goodbye :lol:

4. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    Thanks guys :D

Fenix: I have slept good for 25 years, I can give up a couple...lol

5. That's great. Now you have a serious job for the next 18-30 years. Congrats, ain't nothin' like it.

6. unwired

unwired Guest

congrats! 2 words that help decrease sleep deprivation

breast feeding! :lol:

7. Fenix

Fenix Guest

or one: Bourbon :D

8. Congrats its the scariest and most rewarding thing you will ever do

9. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    thanks for the congrats everyone :D
    I know being a parent is a big responsibility, praise God I was blessed to have some really good examples/parents to follow.

10. Fenix meant to say next 20 years I'm sure. You sound like you want to do this right, and if you do, it will be the hardest job you'll ever have. Good night's sleep? You'll have a few...... but don't get used to them. But, there's nothing in the world like the first smile, the first hug, the first time they fall asleep on your chest while watching the football game.

Way to go my friend, the very best to you and your lady.

11. You will now sleep less, spend less on yourself and your hobbies, and eat more McDonalds than you ever thought possible, but you will also feel more pure joy than you ever thought possible too.

Congrats dude!

12. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

you know they have done studies and it is people who have bad parents that typically spend more time with their own children... so maybe you should be worried about your good example... :wink:

Hey just kidding! Congradulations!

13. Ari

Ari Guest

Congrats!

[​IMG]

14. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Congrats!!!

Word of advice: Little people watch big people and take that as how to act...Be the better man!

15. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    thanks everybody for the congrats and the advice!
    I value this forum because of the useful info but even more because of how close nit the people are on here. I appreciate it :D

16. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

2 years??? Try the next 21 years. There's always something to be worried about when you have children. :shock:

But you really miss them when they leave the house. You realize that all you have to worry about is your wife and yourself. Things get a little too quiet at that point. :oops:

Congrats on the new addition. Teach him/her well, spend as much time with them as you can, and you'll find that you will have a child that will do you proud. Also, drill firearms safety into them from the beginning. They'll thank you for it later. :D

17. jason865

jason865 Guest

Congratulations!

18. hpman

hpman Guest