Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have a hi point 45 ACP. i also have the crossman "one size fits all holster, but im having the problem that every so often the slide release gets bumped and the mag drops. ive been looking at the galco matrix m5x holster . what i am wondering is how safe is the mx5 as far as using it as a duty holster. I mean how easy would it be for someone other then myself to muscle my gun out of holster? is there even really any secure retention?

the holster can be found here
http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-m5x-matrix.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks guys. How do u think the one i was looking at would do with retention? and do you know of any other paddle holsters? and btw that was a pretty fast response and yes i am an ASO and this will be my duty weapon.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I use the Fobus paddle holster. I love it. It is very comfortable, easy to put on and take off. It can easily be slid around the waist to adjust for comfort in different situations, i.e., sitting, driving, standing, etc.

I am sitting with it on my hip in my recliner and can't even tell that it is there. It is easily concealed with a longer t-shirt or untucked button up shirt.

I like the one that you posted, but I'm pretty sure that Cheaper Than Dirt has them for around $14 plus S&H.

Forgot to mention that I have the one for the C9/CF380. The model number is HP2.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/49994-33.html

They also have a belt holster and a roto belt holster.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
i use a fobus paddle holster, hear in kentucky a person can open carry and the fobus works great. also if i was to want to get my ccl the fobus would work for that too. it holds the gun much closer to the body than a nylon holster and they carry a lifetime guarrentee.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Fobus has great retention and would work well as a duty rig. The safariland is also another darn good one.If I got the safariland I would spend the extra and get the level3 + retention . It would be worth it as a little piece of mind. No holster made is 100% safe as far as the BG taking your weapon. Now if you were carrying a wheel gun it would be different. There are a couple that are 95% safe. BTW the Galco M5X466 is a darn good holster as well. You would be good with any of the ones mentioned. I like the galco because it keeps your weapon very close to you. One other thing about the fobus is the retention setting screw. So you can make the retention extremely tight with it. Which is a major + when keeping your sidearm safe. The fobus is about $3 more so with all of them you are looking at roughly the same ballpark price. Bianchi has a darn good holster too. I hope you can understand what I am saying with it. At the top it is a thumb break. It also has a springy effect that even when unsnapped has great retention. To draw takes some practice though. To unholster you have to cant the weapon forward and you pull after unsnapping. This particular design makes it harder for the BG to take the weapon. Most of your BGs will pull straight up or pull toward the rear when trying to take the weapon. This design totally prevents this. Only drawback is they are very pricey. At least you can get them in basket weave instead of plain black they also come in clarino. Don't know what kind of rig is acceptable for the company you work for. Check out Cheaper than dirt because they carry many different brands and look for what would do the job the best. Sorry for being long winded just looking out for your safety.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
The Fobus has great retention and would work well as a duty rig. The safariland is also another darn good one.If I got the safariland I would spend the extra and get the level3 + retention . It would be worth it as a little piece of mind. No holster made is 100% safe as far as the BG taking your weapon. Now if you were carrying a wheel gun it would be different. There are a couple that are 95% safe. BTW the Galco M5X466 is a darn good holster as well. You would be good with any of the ones mentioned. I like the galco because it keeps your weapon very close to you. One other thing about the fobus is the retention setting screw. So you can make the retention extremely tight with it. Which is a major + when keeping your sidearm safe. The fobus is about $3 more so with all of them you are looking at roughly the same ballpark price. Bianchi has a darn good holster too. I hope you can understand what I am saying with it. At the top it is a thumb break. It also has a springy effect that even when unsnapped has great retention. To draw takes some practice though. To unholster you have to cant the weapon forward and you pull after unsnapping. This particular design makes it harder for the BG to take the weapon. Most of your BGs will pull straight up or pull toward the rear when trying to take the weapon. This design totally prevents this. Only drawback is they are very pricey. At least you can get them in basket weave instead of plain black they also come in clarino. Don't know what kind of rig is acceptable for the company you work for. Check out Cheaper than dirt because they carry many different brands and look for what would do the job the best. Sorry for being long winded just looking out for your safety.
Actual you CAN'T use Fobus as a duty rig as it has NO strap. Acording to my Company's rules it MUST have the retention strap on it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe this holster would work

OK I am just messing with you :wink:

I use Fobus on everything I have...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
hey look it even has a retention strap.......... oh wait I just put my glasses on ... that is a twist tie :doh:

In all seriousness you might look at the Uncle Mikes Law Enforcement line. I have the slider for my C9

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i actually ended up ordering the fobus holster but after reading this i think i should of gotten the galco holster i know somone who could of riveted a thumb break for me onto the holster i could prolly do it on the fobus holster to.....but its a smaller area to work with..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are companies around here that use the Fobus. So I guess the no strap no use is either an area thing or it may be a company thing. I know a couple of companies here use the same rule but some don't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.