Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my pistol this morning and noticed a strange indentation on my slide.

The gun has never been dropped, Ive only put about 150 rounds of factory ammo through it, and here I have this.

Its the small place above the ejection port.

·
Registered
232 Posts
All my High Points have that (two .45 and my wifes .40 OD GREEN that she picked up today)

·
Banned
401 Posts
Mine C9 has the same hole and there is a pin in it, looking at the schematic, that holds the ejection pin.

Dp

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine C9 has the same hole and there is a pin in it, looking at the schematic, that holds the ejection pin.

Dp
Wow, I feel really dumb right now, I looked at the schematic and sure enough...there it is. Ive had this gun for weeks and NEVER noticed that before...thanks for the information, and inadvertently making me feel really stupid.

·
Banned
401 Posts

Dp
Wow, I feel really dumb right now, I looked at the schematic and sure enough...there it is. Ive had this gun for weeks and NEVER noticed that before...thanks for the information, and inadvertently making me feel really stupid.
Glad we could help, there is no reason to feel stupid, we don't learn if we don't ask, it was a smart question.

Dp

·
Registered
638 Posts
I was sitting here looking for some dent in the slide. I must have spent 2 minutes staring at the picture trying to see what was abnormal............

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Yeah that's what's wrong with your gun, it's out of focus! :cantlook:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the terrible pic, my digital camera seems to always have dead batteries when I need to use it, of course its pics arent much better.

But I seem to end up taking pics with my cell-phone, which as you can see, doesnt produce the greatest results.

I still cant believe I never noticed it, what with all my holding and fondling of the gun.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Sorry for the terrible pic, my digital camera seems to always have dead batteries when I need to use it, of course its pics arent much better.

But I seem to end up taking pics with my cell-phone, which as you can see, doesnt produce the greatest results.

I still cant believe I never noticed it, what with all my holding and fondling of the gun.
Just remember to use the "Macro" setting on the camera or on the cameraphone (if it's a newer make of cell). Also, keep the subject stationary (i.e. on a table or something that isn't your hand) and give the shutter an extra second or two before moving the camera. Most blur at close range is from the CMOS sensor not being held still enough to process the entire image. Just remember that on Macro setting, the best distance is usually 18 inches give or take.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.