In need of new 45 carbine barrel

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by narleycharlie, Aug 9, 2015.

1. narleycharlie

narleycharlie Member

New here,hope I'm in correct category. I blew my gun up at the range today.Luckily I did not get hurt. Soon as I figure out how to post a pic, I will. Searched the net for replacement barrel and went to Hi Point site and had no luck. Any ideas. Thanks Charlie

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Wow!..... Call HiPoint, they will have you send it in, and fix it for free, most likely.... Reloads?

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Hi Point will want to see your gun!
    Be honest with them if you were shooting reloads, you won't be the 1st person!
    Hi Point wouldn't sell you a barrel even if you were to pay for it!
    Call as close to 8:00 am as possible. Monday's are not good days to call?

https://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/contact.htm

4. bowbreaker

bowbreaker Member

I would like some more info aswell. Is it a possible squib load or double charge?

5. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Lol, can't wait to see this one, hope it's a blunderbuss!
    Glad you're not hurt though and u can learn from it.

6. narleycharlie

narleycharlie Member

No, reloads, Monarch. Been using this brand for quite
    a while and never had an issue till now. Had a dud in the
    barrel and did not know it,nor did I have a spent case come
    out,because I then would have known not to pull on the trigger
    again.
    You live and learn. I got away using cheap ammo for a.long
    time.Luckily. it didn't hurt my handsome looks and my
    luxurious hair.

7. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

.......Luckily it didn't hurt my handsome looks and my
    luxurious hair.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Did you do the face pat down after it happened, to make sure everything is still in the right place?

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Name brand and cost have nothing to do with it. Every single production method is going to make mistakes, from hand loading to fully automated mass production, something is going to go wrong, eventually.

There have been duds in every ammo ever made, the trick is feeling it, realizing something is wrong, and not popping Off that next shot. Easier said than done.:p

Glad you weren't hurt. Second on calling the factory and sending it in, they'll fix it up and replace any internals as needed as well.

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Boss, we need pitchers for all the dyslexia sufferers here....pitchers....

* too many confusing words *

10. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

If you had a dud that did not go off, how did a new round get chambered?
    If the round did not eject, and the shell was still in the chamber, there is no way another round could have even loaded. If you had a squib (light load) that did not cycle the action, how did another round get chambered?

If you indeed had a squib round, and you manually cycled the action and ejected a spent case but did not hear it go off... you should have immediately checked the barrel for an obstruction.

Something sounds "amiss" with your story as written.

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Hello and thanks for waiting this long to post.

12. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

What he said. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Seems to me it was a squib and you never noticed the difference in sound nor feel of the gun.
    Wouldn't a been doing a rapid fire mag dump were we??

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I had a "sqib" the other day. Turned out it was a 9 shot out of a 40 barrel! Miss loaded a mag with one tiny round.......:eek:

14. abyssinmeoff

abyssinmeoff Member

Yep, blazer brass bulged the barrel in my g19, on the 8th shot of my shooting career.

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    He said dud, probably because he didn't know what a squib was.

Even ARs and M16's have had squibs that cycle the action.

No need to get all Talonesque on the guy yet.;)

16. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Well I see ajole is in a mood today:p

17. ndindy

ndindy Member

Rapid fire is where squibs will really kill you. A few years ago I started using a progressive press and was doing some plinker .380 loads for a pocket pistol. Probably a dozen out of a couple hundred, no powder charge. I found out during rapid fire and barely stopped a trigger pull after a bullet lodged in the barrel so avoided catastrophe. But all the bad loads were mixed in with all the good ones and the combo is light enough that on average I couldn't really find them using a scale. So it's been very slow firings just clearing brass. Every now and then field strip and tap the bullet out with a dowel and back to another string. I think I still have about a box to clear.

18. FlashBang

Except according to the OP a 'spent case' did not eject; which means that the action never cycled. Ergo, one could correctly assume that there would have been no way for the next round to chamber, as the previous round had not cycled the action and ejected the spent casing. ;)

Attached Files:

19. FlashBang

He may have blood coming out of his eyes or where ever... :rofl::rofl::rofl: