In need of prayers

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by dannyh, Dec 14, 2007.

1. I know I don't post much but could use some prayers. I lost my job today, went in and was told that I wasn't needed anymore. Here it is Christmas time and I have no job. When I got there there were sign up sheets all over the place for voluntary lay-offs, unfortunately i had only been there since Sept. and they let everyone go that had been there less than six months. The bad thing is I was laid off from a textile mill at the first of the year and used all of my unemployment for this year. On the bright side of all this I absolutely hated the job. Well got to quit whining and go look for a job.

2. Prayers and well wishes are yours Danny. God will see you through this, I promise!

3. Danny - you've come to the right place for support - the folks here have done amazing things with the prayers we all need. Coming your way my friend - keep at it.

4. Good luck on finding another job, and I hope the next one will be the one that you love.

5. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

[​IMG] You have my prayers I was involved in a car-deer accident that totaled my car in Oct and only working a bit when I can bum a set of wheels from someone Also got word the first of this Month my nephew in Dallas got laid off from his job he is a computer programmer. Just relax and Keep your mind clear things will work out in the end

6. Tough times find us all. Gotta look at the bright side of things, atleast you havn't mutilated you hands recently...

7. Where in NC are you form and where were you working danny?

Our prayers go out to you and yours. I hate it when this stuff happens, especially around Christmas.

8. Yea, curious about that too.

9. yeah as fellow NC'ers we might be able to help ya out on finding a job or lend a helping hand.

10. Ari

Ari Guest

Prayers on the way!

11. Danny: Prayers winging your way. Because you hated the job, this may have been the world's way of saying "go do something else"...

... and at the same time, opening a door. Keep an eye out for that door.

12. Good luck and hope you get back to work soon.

13. good luck you have our support!

14. Prayers going up.

15. MikeV

MikeV Member

Prayers are on the way!

16. godawgs

godawgs Guest

Good luck to you. Getting laid off really sucks. Thoughts and prayers are with ya.

17. hpman

hpman Guest

"A man must know his destiny… if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder… if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it." ~ Gen. George S. Patton

Keep your chin up and good luck finding your new path.

18. Chin up dannyh, we'll be praying that a better job will be just around the corner for you! :)

19. I am from Yadkinville and was working for a shipping company in Statesville loading trucks. I already found a temp job through the Holidays, so thats a start. Thanks for all the support guys.

20. There is a reason for everything and sometimes it gives us the push we need to move on. Prayers on the way that you find something better soon. Most of us have been unemployed a few times and know what a rotten feeling it is. Chin up and take it a day at a time.