Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I posted a thread up about my GP100 being horribly in accurate when I shoot it. Everyone else I let shoot it shot fine with it, but me.

Well I took it out today and put some rounds through it. I figured out what the problem was. I was trying to rely solely on boresighting. I boresighted it last time I shot it and it shot horrible.

I took it out today and it was hitting way high. So I adjusted the sights down "Alot". I started this test with 125gr Magtech .38 specials. Got it to hit a good pie plate size grouping in the center of the silhoute at about 20 yds.

Once I got it pretty close I through in some 158 gr Magtech .357 mags and the pattern held the same as with the .38 spc shells.

So it was just horrible sight alignment to my shooting style.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
DARN!! You coulda just sent it to me and I would have worked on the problem [Might have taken me 10 or so years :grinwink: ]

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
magtech ammo isnt known for its high quality so you may want to buy some premium ammo (if it can be found) and see if it shoots teh same. most magtech is woefully underpowered IME.

SW

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
magtech ammo isnt known for its high quality so you may want to buy some premium ammo (if it can be found) and see if it shoots teh same. most magtech is woefully underpowered IME.

SW
I dunno once I got it to hit pretty much where I pointed it it shot pretty consistently. I did try some 125gr Remington .357 which was really inconsistent, too much power for my liking so I switched to the 158gr magtech which was pretty much the only 158gr .357 round I could find.

I was shooting at the small CTD 11x17inch Silhouette target at 20 yds and hitting every shot center mast so that's a ton better than it was.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Just run some of that CCI shotshell stuff through it, don't need to be accurate with that stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts