Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, guys, I'm making up my wish list.
I've got most everything covered, but am wondering about what to put in for the .22 revolver. What makes/models can you recommend?

Caveats:
1) must be RELIABLE
2) must be inexpensive (less than $300)
3) preferably (but not absolutely required to be) new
4) I do NOT like the look of the Colt SAA-style revolver, and never have (so, I guess I'm a rebel)

I'm not real concerned over single vs. double action, since this is a just-for-fun gun, so old-west type open-topped Colt Navy-style, yes; Remington Model 1858-style, yes; Peacemaker-types, not just no, but HAIL no. I'm also not real interested in miniatures (like North American Arms' minirevolvers)

Thanks in advance!

-Sifrid

Edit: Oh, yeah, forgot reliability and size.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Charter Arms makes a 4" Target version of its long established 2" Pathfinder line, it can be had in .22lr or .22Mag, for around $300+/- depending on where you buy. Sadly they do not come with convertable cylinders though, what you buy is what you have.

Taurus makes the Model 94 in .22lr or .22Mag in blue or stainless for just under $300. I have seen them in 2" snubby and 4" field/Target model.

Next up would be the 6" Taurus Tracker Targer/Hunting model. It has a heavy shroud running full length of the barrel and comes with intergal scope base milled into the barrel/shroud. Price is in the $300+ range.

After these mentioned you will need to check the Pawn Shops and Gun shops used area for an old Smith or perhaps a H&R. Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.