Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the primary focus here is on handguns, but does anyone collect inexpensive rifles or shotguns? I have a few Kessler bolt action shotguns.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The Hi Point Carbine is pretty popular with folks around here, and you could probably call it the SNS of semi-auto carbines. There are also some folks with the H&R break-barrel shotguns.
Right. Isn't the 995TS et al considered one of those "inexpensive rifles?"

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
How many inexpensive HiPoints do you need to own before it is considered to be expensive?
View attachment 70789
Looks like the wife's collection, I might have a few more. :p
That's my photo.

I do have a few more. I think I'm up to 18? Nope...it's 19.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
@RF4guy we have an extensive array of areas for discussions and topics to be placed in order to keep things relatively orderly. Please try to find the most appropriate section for your future posts. I've moved your thread to the proper place.

·
Premium Member
4,995 Posts
I'll more likely than not get into having some FGC-9s. Hard to find anything cheaper.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@RF4guy we have an extensive array of areas for discussions and topics to be placed in order to keep things relatively orderly. Please try to find the most appropriate section for your future posts. I've moved your thread to the proper place.
My apologies...wasn't sure exactly where to post that question.

·
Simple by choice
2,195 Posts
Funny how things stay the same yet change. I use to roll my eyes when my dad would put a value on something based on what it cost 20 years before. Now my son rolls his eyes when I put a value base on what guns and ammo cost 2 years ago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure. Inexpensive is relative, and it seems some folks took my use of the word the wrong way. Wasn't meant to slight anyone. I personally like bolt action and single shot guns...store brands etc. I've picked some nice guns up over the years for under $100.

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
Sure. Inexpensive is relative, and it seems some folks took my use of the word the wrong way. Wasn't meant to slight anyone. I personally like bolt action and single shot guns...store brands etc. I've picked some nice guns up over the years for under $100.
Welcome from a fellow Virginian!

I think I'm partial to bolt action also, picked up a few ww2-ish rifles in the past couple of years along with some newer ones like a CZ527 and Rossi RB22. My first firearm was a Noble single shot 22 when I was 13, still got it 55+yrs later:

25.JPG

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
My apologies...wasn't sure exactly where to post that question.
It's all good, you're new and we essentially created a forum within a forum by adding the SNS/ROF section for the BJJA refuges. Big sprawling forum from hunting and fishing to guns and ammo. If you have a topic to discuss, chances are we'll have a section for it. If we don't, and there's enough generated interest. We'll make one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome from a fellow Virginian!

I think I'm partial to bolt action also, picked up a few ww2-ish rifles in the past couple of years along with some newer ones like a CZ527 and Rossi RB22. My first firearm was a Noble single shot 22 when I was 13, still got it 55+yrs later:

View attachment 70791
I bought my son a JC Higgins single shot .22 for his 10th birthday and a single shot H&R 20 gauge for his 12th birthday. He still has both and he's 26...plans to hang onto them.

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
I know the primary focus here is on handguns, but does anyone collect inexpensive rifles or shotguns? I have a few Kessler bolt action shotguns.
I don't "collect" inexpensive rifles or shotguns, except .22 rifles. But I have an NEF break action 12 that cost $100.
I think, back in the day, Milsurps were the ultimate "inexpensive/utilitarian" rifle. Got a few of those too, back in the $150 or less range.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
Like ajole said. Back in the day military surplus gun were the way to go. Not anymore. The old single shot H&R were also good. Most I ever paid was $90 for them in 12ga. Got a pile of them a few years ago and mosins to practice on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like ajole said. Back in the day military surplus gun were the way to go. Not anymore. The old single shot H&R were also good. Most I ever paid was $90 for them in 12ga. Got a pile of them a few years ago and mosins to practice on.
Yeah, the prices on milsurp have gone through the roof. I got my Mosin and Enfield for under $100 in the 90's.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,804 Posts
Yeah, the prices on milsurp have gone through the roof. I got my Mosin and Enfield for under $100 in the 90's.
I was paying that a few years ago even. Its crazy the price people are willing to pay for them now. Then they get butt hurt if you mod them. Like they are rare pieces of art.

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
I was paying that a few years ago even. Its crazy the price people are willing to pay for them now. Then they get butt hurt if you mod them. Like they are rare pieces of art.
We all know there are always people looking for a reason to be butt hurt. I had a couple of guys at the range go ape because I shortened the barrels on a Sears 12 ga to 20 inches. I "ruined a classic!" Seriously?!

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
They get more rare every time someone goes full Bubba.:D

The ones that piss people off, are the ones that don't do anything worthwhile, and cost more than simply buying a different gun that fits the specs Bubba is going for.

But even then....if it's a non parts matching Mosin....which 95% of them are...why do the true "collectors" go crazy? They wouldn't even buy your gun!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts