Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
4FE94BA1-D0F8-4C96-B246-3810333BDC37.png
Single action revolver?
In some of your competition rifles they use the lands to put pressure on the bullet to make thing more consistent. In my Vudoo which is chambered for the lupua Center X bullet. Some rounds will be so far into the lands that you can pull the bullet with the bolt you actually have to fire it to get it out

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
I just put that crap into my dads .22 WRF, and wondered why I was such a bad shot, and why the brass kept cracking.

·
What the Hell was that?
643 Posts
View attachment 71007

In some of your competition rifles they use the lands to put pressure on the bullet to make thing more consistent. In my Vudoo which is chambered for the lupua Center X bullet. Some rounds will be so far into the lands that you can pull the bullet with the bolt you actually have to fire it to get it out
Ah ok, I misunderstood. Lol, i been doing that more often as i get older.

·
Administrator
24,334 Posts
I wonder if that would make a difference if you shot that in a tight chamber where the land are actually in the lead where you have to shoot the bullet to get out of the gun cause it will pull the bullet if you use the bolt.
I just put that crap into my dads .22 WRF, and wondered why I was such a bad shot, and why the brass kept cracking.
I shot it in the 10/22 target and the crickett. Horrible accuracy and split brass for everyone. My 10/22 was a race gun and it stumbled on every shot. Misfeeds, misfires, stove pipes, just horrible. I let the kids blow through most of it in the cricket. Sold or traded the rest with full disclosure of my issues.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Yeah! And being old, I didn't feel like crawling under the thing to change them out.

Remember the Chevy Beretta with a remote oil filter up by the left front fender? Most people thought that was pretty silly. I'm thinking it's pretty smart.:)
Id sure PREFER not to crawl under the vehicle to change the filter. I have a Toyota Camry. The oil
InkedToy Oil_LI.jpg
filter is right in front of you, when you open the hood

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Make up yer mind. If you aren't hunting people, you aren't getting that black rifle. If you ARE hunting people, chances are, they're hunting people too.

Which means there's a good chance that some guy with a black rifle will end up with a spare .22 rifle. No matter how good you think you are, there's always someone better, or some idiot that's just luckier.

That said, I think I may have some oil filter relocation devices that may or may not fit the threads on a few rifles. Purely coincidental of course.
Looks like we started quite the ".22 Sniper" chat!

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
It’s a subject that needs to be addressed.:D

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Administrator
24,334 Posts
This has my interest peaked
We actual had a series of shooting challenges. Pick the target, distance, platform, stance/position, and "winning" on-target criteria. Then submit video/picture evidence of your deeds.

Winner chooses the criteria for next round.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
My inexpensive utility rifles would be the $60-$80 Marlin model 60. The $100 Argentine Mauser in 7.62x39. And the $150 SKS. And the $179 Saiga AK, still not converted to be a "real" civilian AK. Or maybe the $89 Mosin 91/30, the $150 Mosin M44, or the $125 sporterized Enfield No1 MkIII*.

I don't know, it's so hard to decide.
I think you forget that all the cheap milsurps are not so cheap anymore. Yep...you might have paid $89 for it, but it's worth 3 or 4 times that today. Still, I guess they can still be considered cheap compared to some other offerings. Just not as cheap as you are making them out to be.

·
Premium Member
21,081 Posts
I had issues with a batch of blazer .22 being loose in the casing. They moved ever so slightly. About 1/16" back and forth, like there was a cannelure in the projectile. An entire case of bricks was like that.
Their mistake! It was rejects meant to have the Browning boxes wrapped around it.

·
Premium Member
35,579 Posts
I think you forget that all the cheap milsurps are not so cheap anymore.
I wasn't making them out to be cheap, I was showing what cheap used to mean.

What's a cheap gun now? Basically, none of the guns you and I like are as cheap as they were. So maybe the cheap utilitarian gun now is the Savage Axis or Mossberg Patriots?

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,735 Posts
So maybe the cheap utilitarian gun now is the Savage Axis or Mossberg Patriots?
And people forget that those guns are even out there. They keep looking and buying over priced Mosins with harder to find ammo.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
So maybe the cheap utilitarian gun now is the Savage Axis or Mossberg Patriots?
You got it. Savage Axis, Mossberg Patriot, Ruger American, TC Compass. Your Mosins will fetch more than any of these rifles.

And people forget that those guns are even out there. They keep looking and buying over priced Mosins with harder to find ammo.
^^^ true 'dis ^^^

101 - 120 of 123 Posts