Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 5.7x28 round will penetrate body armor out to 200 meters, even the best body armor!!!!! :devilsidesmile:

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't see why they wouldn't I can get armor piercing ammo for an AR, what's the difference? I can look at an FN catalog they have about 5 ammo variants none specifically say armor piercing( which I don't think the catalog is hiding anything it has the m-249 to the FN M3M .50 cal MG in it) but that is because the round has armor piercing abilities in its design, its just the nature of the round it's nothing extra.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
its about how hot its loaded and how fast its moving more than cinstruction. spoon point, FMJ and AP rounds are banned from civilian ownership. frangible, HP and BT are OK or you can load your own if you;re a glutton for punishment. the civi rounds are downloaded over 1000 FPS slower than the military full power rounds.

SW

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess I'll have to go shoot one of my dads PS90's at some decent metal (old fridge in the middle of nowhere, best target ever!!) and see what happens... I plan on doing that soon :devilsidesmile:

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe the military spec ammo will, but what they allow us poor peons to own is pretty anemic compared to that.

SW
+1 for the black market then right?... J/K :tongue2:

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
there have been small quantities of spoon point full power rounds found at gunshows but no one knows where they come from. its generall several boxes at best. ive seen one full case of LEO surplus sell off full power FMJ at a gunshow that sold for over 1000$.

SW

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool there's a gun show here in a week and a half.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.