Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was a very interesting day at the indoor range Friday.
It was packed when I got there & then all of a sudden I was the only one there :blink:

I shot my Browning Buckmark camper first & things started out OK but then I had a Squib rnd & things went down hill from there.
I had 6 FTFire, 4 of which fired on a second try. Each failure was hard to eject but I saw no obstructions. I was using Remington Golden Bullet bulk pack & some federal bulk ammo.
Here's a pic.

Next I shot a load of rnds through my C9.
I had several nose-down jams & 2 FTFire which fired on a 2nd try. Both had deep imprints so I'm not sure what happened.
The jams almost always happened on the 2nd rnd fired in a magazine. I was using WWB Brass nosed FMJ & copper nosed. Also shot 1 mag(8rnds) of Win. Ranger +P+ 115gr JHP with no problems.
Didn't shoot too bad though.

Then my beloved 995 got a chance to show it's stuff. I had several FTFeed, all nose-up jams with each ammo type I fired.
I was using WWB 115gr FMJ, WWB TCMC(truncated Cone) 147gr, Rem. 115gr FMJ & JHP's.
Even with all the problems I still had a blast shooting & almost every person there wanted to know what gun I was using & what caliber it was.
I got lots of pics of targets but here's a few for you.
This was 40 rnds at 25 yards using my elbow resting on the table & sort of squatting.

Here's 3 birds lined up at 25 yards.

This one I dropped the table & was kneeling. The Zombies don't stand a chance, at least the slow ones anyway ^-^

And here's a couple at 15 yards standing & another at 25 yards.

All told I had multiple FTFire, FTFeed, a Squib & I even had 1 Hang-Fire that I could hear the primer fire & it was a full second or two before the round fired. Very exciting!!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Man, when they worked they were right on target. Good shooting dude. Maybe your guns just need a bit of cleaning TLC and they'll be back to 100%.

G

·
If the nose-down jams were all from the WWB, I would say that they were caused by the round catching the underside of the feed ramp, since the WWB is slightly longer than a lot of other rounds. If it happened with other brands, I am at a loss.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I did give them a thorough cleaning, including the mags, & yes they were dirty. I had a pile of nasty looking rags & q-tips when I was done. Broke down the C9 & my Buckmark but not the 995. I just didn't feel confident enough to break it down & work on it at the kitchen table with the grand kids around.

I will say that the indoor range was much hotter than it usually is but I'm not sure if that was a factor or not.
We shall see how they do on the next rip to the range.

A gentleman there did mention about some problems with ammunition as of late. He said that there have been problems with the quality in general.

As far as the nose-down jams in the C9 go, I'd have to say that most of them were with WWB if not all. I will definitely be finding some Magtech or other ammo brands to give them a try. Got a gun show coming up soon, unfortunately my funds are low right now so I may not even be able to go. Moving sucks & the extra expenses are really putting a hurt on us right now.

My wife thought I was "hoarding" too much ammo but when I showed her I was down to only 250 rnds of 9mm, mostly range ammo, she admitted that I didn't really have that much.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Toss the Remington bulk Golden Bullets, they are junk. Not just my opinion, but that of many on other forums. One in ten fails to fire, 4 in ten under powered, one or two in ten over powered. These have had recorded mv's of between 780 - 1250. Failures to eject are the duds & under powered, and 2 out of 3 duds will fire if tried again. These kind of results aren't even fun when you're bored.

Go to the Federal bulk and you'll have fun all day. Use CCI for serious shooting.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Toss the Remington bulk Golden Bullets, they are junk. Not just my opinion, but that of many on other forums. One in ten fails to fire, 4 in ten under powered, one or two in ten over powered. These have had recorded mv's of between 780 - 1250. Failures to eject are the duds & under powered, and 2 out of 3 duds will fire if tried again. These kind of results aren't even fun when you're bored.

Go to the Federal bulk and you'll have fun all day. Use CCI for serious shooting.
I have to agree that the REMINGTON .22 ammo is pretty lame! I have switched to the Federal bulk for plinking and CCI stingers for hunting and at this point am very happy with the results!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.