Interesting news Hi-Point in Texas?

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by NorthGeorgiaRidgeRunner, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Didn't Deeb just retire after selling Hi-Point?

Unless this is a new gun manufacturing venture...

eldar

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Very interesting since as far as i was aware, Deebs is no longer owner. Hmmm.

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

This was posted a few months ago. I would say he may be starting the 3895 project? Maybe he will work on the lager capacity magazines as side project?

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

That is an old article but the zoning was approved. One I of these days I need to drive by and see if they're building anything

5. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

April, 2015 is not that old in scheme of construction.

Deeb is flush with money with the sale of Hi-Point and can afford to start a new company.

And, his step-son, Brad Hennings is available to help operate it.

Anyone else have anything on this?

eldar

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

I see zero logical point in him selling hipoint only to start at ground zero with a new firearm venture. Would have made much more sense to just introduce new products under an established name.

7. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

How so?

With a new name and new product using the money earned from a previous business venture, what's to stop him from becoming even more successful?

eldar

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    It's called "Rich Guy Retirement". Sell your lucrative business, sock away enough to be comfortable and start a new project with the rest. Not the first time someone's done it. He might have designs floating around that wouldn't fit in with HP. Maybe you all will finally get that .22 you want.

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

Maybe. And ive never wanted another 22 lol.

10. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

One can never have too many .22's.

I once owned a collection that included 74 different .22 rifles.

And 19 .22 pistols.

Maybe, Deeb will make a new Center-fire Small Rifle Caliber carbine that emulates the infamous AR-7...

:D

eldar

11. If he does, I know one of the first people where I live who wants one. I just picked up an Armalite one a couple of weeks ago, and i am trying to negotiate a Survival Arms one now. That would bring me up to 4, just need the Henry at that point. Also have one of the CA Explorer II pistols with all 3 barrels.

What I really want to get my hands on is one of these ones by Armalite.

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/11949804/rifles-for-sale/semi-auto-rifle/armalite-arms-model-ar-7-.22-lr.-with-custom-wood-stock

12. MachoMelvin

I have been told that Mr. Deeb had been threatened / intimidated my several federal depts. in regards to making hi cap magazines for Hi Point Carbines. And this really upset him. Now that he has no official connection to HP, it would not surprise me if he didn't start making his own brand of hi cap mags magazines, in retaliation? Who else would know more about how to do this than Tom Deeb. Making the 3895 in Texas would be a very smart logistical move since 90% of them are going to go to Mexico anyways. Everybody in the US think it's the DUMMEST move any gun mfg. could possibly make. I would guess he could sell 100,000 a year to Mexico alone? JMHO

13. MachoMelvin

14. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

Kfox right there standing in line with you,, as Melvin is to Hi Point, my fetish is the ar-7. None shoot better than my original Armalite's, but the 2nd gen Henry is close

15. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

We are hearing some rumors that he may not be making firearms out here...that he is instead building out an ammunition plant. ;) Less ATF involvement, bigger market, instant distribution chain, know worries about violating any condition of the sale to the new owners.... you can be sure that in the sales agreement he is restricted from making firearms for x or xx years.

16. Glad to meet another AR 7 fan. For me, the more beat up of the 2 CAs is the more accurate one of the collection, but it was also the one that needed the most work to make it feed and eject reliably. The Armalite is no slouch, but the CA prints a slightly smaller group if i do my part. Not that I bought either of them for precision shooting.

The sad part is, I have had a few folks try to trade me for one of the ones I have, and i just can't do it. Not that I am not willing to take the trades or part with them. my wife won't let me get rid of any of them. She uses one of the CAs as a pack rifle for fishing and camping trips. i tend to use the other one as a truck gun along with the SKS or the Marlin Camp 9 or Camp 45. That way, samll game and defense are covered.

As it is with Hi Points, they are just fun little guns to have and to use.

17. planosteve

The SUP is for firearms manufacturing and distribution. He would need a different SUP for ammunition.

18. planosteve

19. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont