Interesting Website

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by mr_flintstone, Mar 19, 2015.

1. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

I just found this website. You can select a caliber and weight, and it will show the one shot stop percentages from real shootings.

2. papataylor

papataylor Member

Good find! I can't help but wonder if they count solely "hits" or "misses" as well in their one shot stop calculations.

Overall it would seem that most handgun rounds are statistically equivalent. The weaker rounds (.380) seem to have less shootings to gather from compared to the larger rounds (.45).

On a typical bell curve just about every round comes in at 50%-70% one shot rates. Though .45/.357mag provide a bit more high percentage outliers.

Accounting for sample group and standard deviation it's still safe to say any caliber will get the job done if you do your job.

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

They're using Sanow and Marshall data. Many and long have been the arguments debating the shortcomings of their method.

Still, it's useful as a data point. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    It's interesting that none of the 9mm loads show one-shot stops at a rate greater than 90%. That has to be wrong. I thought that 9mm was just as good as .45ACP.

5. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Never have read or heard where the 9mm was as good as 45acp?? I have always believed that with the 9mm vs .40 cal.

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

We've got pages of threads here with such assertions...... Don't mean they're correct, but it's been said.