Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the Raven this might be one of my favorite 25's. I have read that the firing pins break easily and they are nearly impossible to find. This would be a great pocket gun.

I wish it worked better than it does. It almost seems like it needs to warm up for it to work. LOL!

Has anyone ever taken the slide apart? I am wondering if my firing pin is broken? I do have another slide that I could swap out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know there was a discussion about the CAT series in a different thread. I really want a CAT9, but when I find them they are way to expensive.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
I read somewhere the Protec-25 was a clone of the CZ 45.
I had a Protec-25 receiver for a while but couldn't find the parts to bring it back to life. It's now somebody else's wet dream.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Registered
109 Posts
If I recall, the Protec 25 IS based on the CZ-36/45, but differs enough that there isn't always direct parts interchangeability.

Intratec as a company never seemed to get firing pins right, every Intratec I own has gone through multiple firing pins. My Tec-22 eats them

·
Registered
204 Posts
Evening team,

I apologize, despite lusting after all things intratec I know very, very little about protec 25s. Thanks for the contributions thus far. Off to research some more. If I find anything relevant I'll report back.

Regards,
Foolsgold39

·
Registered
109 Posts
Evening team,

I apologize, despite lusting after all things intratec I know very, very little about protec 25s. Thanks for the contributions thus far. Off to research some more. If I find anything relevant I'll report back.

Regards,
Foolsgold39
Never apologize for lusting after Intratecs. I really wish that someone had snatched up the DC-9 design, and many of the others, and put them back in production during the brief lull in the "War on Guns" after the expiration of the 1994 "assault weapon" ban. I really have zero idea, why these designs weren't brought back out under a different name. The Jennings/Bryco designs, always a questionable lot, seem to live nine lives like cats... this despite not being all that great even when new. I fully understand that the time of the .25 ACP as a popular carry round has passed, so there may not have been enough of a market for the Protec, but the rest of the line probably could have done quite well in today's market. Heck, even used Ring of Fire pistols are sold out everywhere and selling for astronomical prices online.

That said, Intratecs remind me of the 1980s, that was a good decade for large and offensive looking handguns.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,004 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts