Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Monday for my folks place in Ky. to do some work on my childhood home. Took the dog and left the wife at the house. She works and I'm unemployed. So I get some work done, painting mostly, because my parents just cant do it and really don't have time even if they could. Took Tuesday night and we all went to some friends house and did some cookin and shooting.... had a blast. Found out that our friends son was home from Iraq. My buddy Wylie a 19yr old US Army Ranger was over there for a few months and will be headed back soon, is home and I'm excited as hell for him to come to Ky so we can hang out. Well finished the entire garage on Friday and made a few trips to the dump. Well as part of the pay (asked them not to pay me) mom gave me a cherry picker from the garage. Not any cherry picker, this one is for getting disabled individuals out of hospital beds. Very expensive to say the least. She worked in geriatrics and one of her clients passed and the family asked her to find a home for this piece of equipment. She couldn't so I told her that I would speak to a friend of mine here in Lancaster about donating it to the local nursing home, if they couldn't use it I was just going to disassemble it and use it for parts and build myself an automotive cherry picker.

So I loaded it in the truck, and drove it home. I pulled in, kissed my wife, grabbed a smoke with her and tucked her in. So she could work on our anniversary. I was in the house for all of about 10 minutes before I went back out front to unload my stuff from the trip. I made it all the way out and dropped the tailgate before I realized that the picker had been REMOVED from the bed of my truck. All 160lbs of it was GONE! It was in the truck when I pulled into the driveway, it was gone 10 minutes later. I heard nothing and saw nothing at 11pm this evening. They left my duffel with my laptop, 2 of my rifles, and 2 stereo speakers in the bed along with a box of ammo. What kind of sick azz steals a dissabled persons lift out of the bed of the bed of a truck 2 feet from the house and the truck wasn't even cold. I have some love I would love to give 230grns at a time to the no good rotton punk that A. put his hands on my truck B. stole from me and C. stole equipment designed for bettering the quality of life for a dissabled individual. Is this the world we are living in? This has truly put me at a loss in faith in people! Sorry for the length of this but I really needed to vent in a non violent manner! 9 years in the Navy has given me a lengthy vocabulary of foul language and great love for causing pain to crappy people. My new wish in life is 10 minutes alone with the person or persons involved in this. Any thoughts on the subject?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Dear lord man, that really is a new low, however, I don't put it past people. I totally support the 10 minutes alone with this person, some people need to be taught a lesson and learn some respect.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Wow, that's absolutely insane.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
you hit it right on the head. 230grains then repeat as desired or untill empty.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
ive been out on a route and had all the M&Ms, peanuts etc stolen out of the back of my route truck while they left 10,000$ worth of lottery machine parts, tools, my 2800$ MCM oscilliscope and the bags of cash collection in teh cab. all the took was candy and nuts.

SW

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now that takes a real looser SW! Lets steal the candy... YAY!!

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
the only thing we could figure out when i got back to the shop was it was someone who was stoned and on a munchie trip. otherwise who would be stupid enough to leave all the money and steal the candy?

SW

·
Registered
168 Posts
I stopped at the grocery one day on my way back from Lowes and wile I was in the store someone stole 3 lengths of ½ white PVC pipe from the back of my truck. At that time the stuff was cheep, what kind of thief risk going to jail over $3.50?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I love when people steal things just because they look expensive....thinking the pawnshops will give them tons of money for it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Maybe they have a family member that really needed it, I really doubt it but thats the only way that it can not be a scumbag that took advantage of a disabled person.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If someone really needed it I would have gladly delivered it to there home at no charge. I was lookin to donate it more than use the parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts