Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else seen this? we have a local massage therapist offering "inversion therapy" on a "teeter hangup" machine. they claim it improves back injuries, and overall health. i ant see how stnading on your head for five minutes three times a week can help.

SW

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If you watch the infomercials that come on around three in the morning, they show an animation of it stretching your spine out "decompressing the disks" they say. Dont know how that is supposed to make you feel better though.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
One of our family friends up in Minnesota had one of those contraptions at her house because of a back injury. What you do is not just hang upside down, you rock back and forth and let gravity pull the vertebrae in your back apart so that it relieves the pressure on pinched nerves and the like. I used it once when I fell out of a tree and landed flat on my butt, compressing 3 of the disks in my back and it really helped ALOT. Hell, after 3 weeks of using it 3 times a week for an hour at a time, I felt like brand new money, healed and good to go.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Wow, only 109 bucks on Amazon. I might have to look into once of these babies. I wonder if it would help my train wreck of a back. Mine is mostly nerve damage and scar tissue at this point.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
It's not so much standing on your head but hanging from your ankles. I stretches and decompresses the spine. I swear by it and it has done wonders. I use one at my chiropractors office but will be getting one when I stop going to the chiropractors. Sam's Club sells good ones at a great price (much less than the Teeter on TV)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
The only "inversion therapy" I've encountered is when my rigging harness gets caught up and I slip off the catwalk at work :-[ Then it's followed with "Would you stupid ****ers stop laughing and get the ****ing Genie over here!!!!!"

Stagehands can be so cruel :'(

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
The only "inversion therapy" I've encountered is when my rigging harness gets caught up and I slip off the catwalk at work :-[ Then it's followed with "Would you stupid ****ers stop laughing and get the ****ing Genie over here!!!!!"

Youtube or it never happened.
Hah ! Never. The advantage of working in a theater is that cameras aren't allowed even for crew, so my dignity stays intact.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I like the idea of having my spine pulled on a little to align it all back properly. I am currently going thru a little back trouble (very little compared to some), and some days I think 'I wish somebody could just grab my spine and pull'. The chiropractor called me a few minutes ago, and asked if I could come in for a minute this afternoon... It starts to get expensive. I guess if I continue to have problems then I will have to check about getting me one of those things.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts

Youtube or it never happened.
Hah ! Never. The advantage of working in a theater is that cameras aren't allowed even for crew, so my dignity stays intact.
Dignity? This coming from a guy that rides a VESPA!? ;) Seriously, take some damn pics or video of you doing the "Batman" thing, you big wussy!!!! :p :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.