Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On April 2, the Governor signed two new bills. Changing laws on buying handguns and the carrying of them. Also, to protect from anyone suing a gun company for misuse of it's firearm.
We will no longer need permits to buy a handgun either commercially or privately sold.
Iowa: Gov. Reynolds Signs Constitutional Carry Legislation

More details here.

Iowa continues to make it more difficult for gun grabbers. The Iowa Legislature and Governorship is Republican controlled at the present. My Representative told me they were going to get this passed and signed right now. That they also would fight Biden on any gun rights he may try to put upon Iowans.
This takes effect as Law on July 1, 2021.

I think it is next year that Iowa will have us vote on a true Constitutional Amendment guaranteeing our gun rights!

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Any houses for sale near you? I might end up in the flatlands if the Tyrant gets his way.

Reactions: Visper

·
Premium Member
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any houses for sale near you? I might end up in the flatlands if the Tyrant gets his way.
Yep, houses available. Lots of them in wooded and hilly areas. Lot of Iowa is far from flat.
Eastern Iowa hills and valleys in the Mississippi area are beautiful. They even call NE Iowa Little Switzerland. Lot of the locals are of German descent around here. Or like me Swedish. Plus Norwegians.

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts
Or like me Swedish.
So, we have another Switzer here. I thought there was something I liked about you!

Grüezi, or since we are friends....just Hallo.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
So Iowa is becoming State number nineteen for Constitutional Carry? Utah also becomes permitless concealed carry on May 15th 2021.

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
Actually, Switzer means Swiss, not Swede. Not sure what that makes them, as far as candy.

·
Administrator
24,598 Posts
Actually, Switzer means Swiss, not Swede. Not sure what that makes them, as far as candy.
And OO described an area called Little Switzerland then said he was a Swede living amongst a German community. @greg_r incorrectly identified him as a fellow Switzer, and your goofy ass decided to miss the point of the joke and correct me despite the fact that the fish aren't even Swedish, which was the point of the damn joke.

No wonder people accuse you of storing a telephone pole in your prison wallet.

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts
And OO described an area called Little Switzerland then said he was a Swede living amongst a German community. @greg_r incorrectly identified him as a fellow Switzer, and your goofy ass decided to miss the point of the joke and correct me despite the fact that the fish aren't even Swedish, which was the point of the damn joke.

No wonder people accuse you of storing a telephone pole in your prison wallet.
Yep. OO and his confusing Swiss / Swede thing. But he is living in a Swiss community!

FWIW, my direct descendants immigrated from Schligren, Zurich Canton and Americanized the name. The headstones on my great-great and great grandparents still have the old spelling. Rütschi. The family generally identifies as German descent, although some identify as Dutch, or even Scottish! Guess we are Mutts!

·
Administrator
24,598 Posts
Yep. OO and his confusing Swiss / Swede thing. But he is living in a Swiss community!

FWIW, my direct descendants immigrated from Schligren, Zurich Canton and Americanized the name. The headstones on my great-great and great grandparents still have the old spelling. Rütschi. The family generally identifies as German descent, although some identify as Dutch, or even Scottish! Guess we are Mutts!
We all are, if you really think about it. I'll settle for being an American Mutt.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
@histed will settle for being a Bulldog.

Reactions: histed

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Reactions: adam01364

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Soooo you're West By God Virginian? A proud product of incest and inbreeding that created a pure but physiologically and medically deficient breed?
Central PA through and through, Robert. Many of my neighbors have family trees that resemble Pine trees, though I'm fairly certain that my family has the occasional collie, German Shepard, bull mastiff or bloodhound in the mix. Rumor has it that one of my ancestors was a terrier, but I don't believe that. There's also a story that my 5 times great granddog, Herbert Beaumont Osgood Bulldog VII, who traveled with Daniel Boone, had a ..... relationship...... with a coyote.

Reactions: Rachgier

·
Administrator
24,598 Posts
Central PA through and through, Robert. Many of my neighbors have family trees that resemble Pine trees, though I'm fairly certain that my family has the occasional collie, German Shepard, bull mastiff or bloodhound in the mix. Rumor has it that one of my ancestors was a terrier, but I don't believe that. There's also a story that my 5 times great granddog, Herbert Beaumont Osgood Bulldog VII, who traveled with Daniel Boone, had a ..... relationship...... with a coyote.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Should have said the long leaf pine. They make great telephone poles, log cabins, and the pine needles are landscaping gold...

I laughed my ass off at the use of the formal first name, btw...

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I laughed my ass off at the use of the formal first name, btw...
A sometimes unfortunate leftover from my highly formal training at the Buckingham Finishing and Obedience School.(I didn't do well on the obedience part)

·
Premium Member
9,336 Posts
Soooo you're West By God Virginian? A proud product of incest and inbreeding that created a pure but physiologically and medically deficient breed?
You mean West by gawd Virginia? Where the men are men......and the sheep are nervous?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts