ipsc with jhp

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by marsh1704, Jul 20, 2015.

1. marsh1704

marsh1704 Member

in which ipsc division can i shoot with a jhp 45 cap ?

:confused::confused:

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Wouldn't it be best to contact them directly? Or check the webpage?
    Thier info would be the most accurate.

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    You can shoot limited or production category, but you should probably shoot limited. Production scores all shots as minor calibers, so you would lose the major caliber advantage of your .45.

I used to shoot my G21 in the limited category.

4. marsh1704

marsh1704 Member

went on their web page yesterday, and the gun id not listed in the list

of accepeted guns for production category !!

Thats why i was asking the question ? does that mean i might be automatically

shifted into the open category ?

:confused:

5. Think1st

Florida
    Although it isn't on the list for production category, It could probably be used in it. I doubt that the list is all-inclusive. Nevertheless, as I mentioned before, you really might not want to shoot production. Your .45 will be relegated to the minor caliber category. That is why I shot my Glock in the limited category.

The open category is for pistols with porting, non-standard sights and other modifications. A stock JHP45 would definitely not be an open gun.

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

Again, that's a question best asked to them. Any response given here is pure opinion and could be completely wrong. Emial them or call them directly and get a true answer from the only source that matters.

7. Think1st

Florida
    As a rejoinder to that, find out where and when they shoot matches, and drop by to talk to one of the ROs. They'll be able to answer. If not, then they'll be able to give you a number or email address for the board of directors for the club that runs the matches.

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

In any case, let us know what you find out.
    Be interesting to know.