Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

20+ red bulls too much?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now keep in mind i have a very high metabolism, my job requires some large periods of physical exertion and i HAVE to be on my toes constatnly because of teh fact i handle large amounts of money and i have to keep a 100% situational aware attitude. i genreally dont drink any at al on weekends or holidays and suffer no ill effects so im pretty sure this doesnt qaulify as an "addiction". i drink abotu the same amount of coffee in the wintertime so its an even all year consumption level. i tend to think of it like putting gas in a car. if you want to get something done, you need to fill er up. what say you HPFF? and keep in mind this is the guy who once ate so many popsicles in one sitting i had a hangover from it the next day.

SW

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
Instead of Red Bull May I suggest 5 hour energy No caffeine no sugar and works better as the General manager at the strip club told me [he works long hours etc also] And no ill effects after.

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
I used to be like that. I decided to cut caffeine out of my diet and after 6 wks of going to bed at 8 and having no energy all day, I was able to get all of that caffeine out of my system. I now feel better than ever and don't rely on the caffeine to wake me up.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Sugar free or hi-octane?

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
you may want to check out the sodium content in the red bulls...high sodium, high caffeine can lead to hypertension and heart disease.

·
Banned
9,253 Posts
I used to be like that when with monster and it took a week or so but I gave them up and dont need them anymore, and I saved a lot of money by quiting. I hear the stuff is ver bad for your heart.

·
Registered
398 Posts
SW..go see a doc dude...and then get a 2nd opinion. If you "need" stuff to keep you alert..well..maybe you're missing something, somewhere, in the diet. (maybe a solid bedtime might help..just a thought) You'll drive yourself to an early hole in the ground man. Go see a doc.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Most doctors will tell you that its not good for you at all , but i don't think its any worse than drinking a few 20oz Mt. Dews every day . Drink lots of water throughout the day and have a beer or two on the weekend to help prevent kidney stones . Other than that drink up your take ..

·
Banned
9,253 Posts
Most doctors will tell you that its not good for you at all , but i don't think its any worse than drinking a few 20oz Mt. Dews every day . Drink lots of water throughout the day and have a beer or two on the weekend to help prevent kidney stones . Other than that drink up your take ..
Yeah I think the DEW is bad for you as well. My friends doc told him to quit drinking redbull and mtdew or he is going to die.

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
been to a dozen doctors over the years thinking i had a health issue because all i did when i was younger was work, eat and sleep. all but one told me i had a metabolic rate that was off teh charts and learn to deal with it. the other wanted to kill off part of my thyroid with radioactive iodine to slow me down and then regulate it later with pills. i told him to go **** himself. i quit listening to doctors opinions long ago because most of them dont have a frigging clue about my system.

SW

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I almost clicked yes, then stopped to consider how much coffee I drink in a week.... I wouldn't worry so much about the caffeine in it as I would the sugar and sodium though..... Bu you know what's best for you.

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i dont worry about the sugar or sodium because im of heatlym stable weight and my BP while slighly above average sint anything to worry about.

SW

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
If there isn't a change in weight, no noticeable ill effects in the way you feel, I see no reason to quit drinking them. It's no different than coffee with sugar.

I'm the type of guy that could drink 3 Monsters in 30 minutes and then go take a nap/go to bed. Caffeine has no effect on me whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
is 20+ red bulls per week too much?
Nah... blinking is totally overrated.

Personally, I use Stackers. Nothing like a good arrhythmia to get you going in the morning.

-'bridge

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Dude, switch to blue can or green can Monsters. Those have half the sugar of Red Bull, but twice the caffeine. I find that I can drink 3 of them a day when I really need them, but they don't get me hooked like Red Bull does. I seriously think Red Bull is addictive.

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i cant stand the taste of monster. the only other energy drink i like is the blue bottle NOS stuff and that has more sugar and less caffine than red bull

SW

·
Registered
792 Posts
None of that stuff is good for you but while im telling you this im dipping.i would say try to come off it
slow. i forgot back there who mention stackers well no stay the heck away from that crap.i was taking
yellowjackets and hornets to stay up to drive my x to work in atlanta hour from here and go back and get her
then drink a whole bottle of nyquil to get to sleep.it almost killed me.i went to the doc and when he told me abuot those
energy pills alone i quit cold turky,good luck on whatever you decide to do and godbless.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Do you smoke? If you do then caffeine + nicotine = bad juju. Caffeine increases heart rate, and nicotine constricts blood vessels/arteries. Blood flow needing 4 open lanes of traffic that is traveling on a one lane dirt road...

But if you don't smoke, then just listen to your body. It will tell you when something aint right. It's only 4 a day, what the hell.

Although I voted yes, just because I won't touch the stuff. Tastes like Robitussin cough medicine to me.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I would say keep an eye on your BP and other heart related stats. (sorry no doctor and I haven't been to one in 2 years to know any terminology) I don't think it is any worse then someone who drink coffee through out the day. Just make sure you are not getting shaky.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts