Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to pick up some fast food yesterday for lunch for me and the wife. Went to a well known hotdog place. Ordered and they repeated the order back fine. Pulled up, paid, got my food and drove off. Got home and discovered I was shorted some food. Now I know your suposed to check the bag but you shouldn't have to for a simple order. Anyway, my wife always checks and never gets cheated. She claims it's a guy thing not to check. Is it ? So the question is.......... do you fellows check or roll the dice and hope it's right ?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
No, It's a dumb thing... not you. I work in an office environment, full of well-educated adults... they get stuff wrong every now and then. The ditsy highschooler is bound to be even more "forgetful".
9/10 times, my order is so simple (Dolla menu) I'd be the dumb one if I drove away without something. :)

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
It happens to me and the wife both on occasion.

You assume that someone can get a simple burger, fries and coke order right. Unfortunately that is not always the case.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Yeah dude, I always check the bag while I am sitting at the window. It really pisses the guys behind me off, but I don't care. I figure that if I paid for it, I ought to have it when I leave the place.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
3 Things to not mess with, when it comes to men like me:
1 - A man's livelihood.
2 - A man's woman.
3 - A man's food.

If you stay away from these 3 things, you should have it easy.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Remember what Joe Peshi said on Lethal Weapon ? ( YOU ALWAYS GET SCREWED AT THE DRIVE THROUGH)
Spot

G

·
Always and never forget to check. Now I once upon a time didn't check. Well after not getting it and having to go back fixed that. I once went to Sonic placed an order left without checking. Got home it wasn't all there. Called and the manager said come back I will give it to you and then I will give you your complete order free next time you come in. Went to pick up the stuff I told her on the phone that was missing and still they didn't give me everything and the 2 burgers that were supposed to be plain were not. I checked it before leaving. Complained about the 2 burgers and the remaining stuff they forgot and it took them 3 more tries to get it right. But when I left that time it was finally right. Plus because they kept screwing it up I got my order free on 2 other visits to make up for it. After the free orders I quit going to that sonic.

·
Registered
82 Posts
always roll the dice unless the bag feels light havent gotten the wrong stuff in a long time...though sometimes it is garbage and i cant eat it

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I always check now... but then I got shorted 4 times in a row when I was going to night classes back in 2000 and that sucked ... strait from work to school and only half the food :cry:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I always check now.
Once, at Sonic, ordered, received order, pulled off, started to eat, realized fries were ICE cold, like they just came out of the freezer. I was hacked, went back, complained, the manager attempted to tell me off for losing my temper. Don't think he works there now because it's always right and they are a lot nicer.
Then, at McDonalds, went through drive-thru, ordered a Biscuit and Sausage Gravy. Simply right? Pulled off, took my wife to work, the food was for her, she went in, I left. She calls me back and shows me what she got: One pancake, One sausage patty, One package of syrup, opened and poured over the pancake and sausage. I was HACKED. Took food back, I was shaking from anger. Asked for a refund and an explanation. Explanation: It was an employees food that was sitting in the warming until she went on break. What?!? So employees are allowed to mingle their food with the customers? No one bothered to make sure it was my order? Isn't the mingling a health violation? No answer. I told her that my family will never be back, and that I will tell anyone I can to never go to McDonalds again.
Still hacks me off thinking about it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have a pretty thick Southern accent, which makes drive thu orders hell. normally, I'll have my wife call out the order, but on the occasions when I have to pull up, I'll normally give them the order, correct it a half dozen times and then get screwed anyways.

so yes, I normally check.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Always and never forget to check. Now I once upon a time didn't check. Well after not getting it and having to go back fixed that. I once went to Sonic placed an order left without checking. Got home it wasn't all there. Called and the manager said come back I will give it to you and then I will give you your complete order free next time you come in. Went to pick up the stuff I told her on the phone that was missing and still they didn't give me everything and the 2 burgers that were supposed to be plain were not. I checked it before leaving. Complained about the 2 burgers and the remaining stuff they forgot and it took them 3 more tries to get it right. But when I left that time it was finally right. Plus because they kept screwing it up I got my order free on 2 other visits to make up for it. After the free orders I quit going to that sonic.
Well I got part way through reading this post and got the sudden urge for Sonic. They always get my order right, and I always use the pull in spots to order so I dont have to feel rushed. SOOO off we went. I order my burger, a double jalapeno burger mayo no mustard. First attempt got mustard, no mayo. Pushed the button, they brought me their second attempt. mayo, no mustard but no jalapenos. So i pushed the button, a different girl answers. Waited and waited. 10 minutes passed. I would have been perfectly happy with a cup of peppers. I push the button and a guy answers, i tell him im waiting on my burger, he says yea it'll be right out. another 15 minutes goes by, still nothing. My fries are cold, and my drink is melting. I hop out and go stand outside till my waitress comes skating by. She appologizes several times and says she'll make it herself. I light a cigarette as she heads inside. Right as the door closes I hear her start yelling a the cook, and i got a laugh out of it despite being as angry as I was. By the time I'm done with my smoke, she's coming back out with the bag and apologizes several more times and gives me a few $2 off coupons and a couple free mozzarella coupons. So here I sit, my food in a bag and i dont know if i want to open it. I didn't check it there because if it was wrong it wasn't worth what would have ended up happening. Point of this story, it all started by reading this thread, and wouldnt have happened if I hadn't read it.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Well I got part way through reading this post and got the sudden urge for Sonic. They always get my order right, and I always use the pull in spots to order so I dont have to feel rushed. SOOO off we went. I order my burger, a double jalapeno burger mayo no mustard. First attempt got mustard, no mayo. Pushed the button, they brought me their second attempt. mayo, no mustard but no jalapenos. So i pushed the button, a different girl answers. Waited and waited. 10 minutes passed. I would have been perfectly happy with a cup of peppers. I push the button and a guy answers, i tell him im waiting on my burger, he says yea it'll be right out. another 15 minutes goes by, still nothing. My fries are cold, and my drink is melting. I hop out and go stand outside till my waitress comes skating by. She appologizes several times and says she'll make it herself. I light a cigarette as she heads inside. Right as the door closes I hear her start yelling a the cook, and i got a laugh out of it despite being as angry as I was. By the time I'm done with my smoke, she's coming back out with the bag and apologizes several more times and gives me a few $2 off coupons and a couple free mozzarella coupons. So here I sit, my food in a bag and i dont know if i want to open it. I didn't check it there because if it was wrong it wasn't worth what would have ended up happening. Point of this story, it all started by reading this thread, and wouldnt have happened if I hadn't read it.
Dude that is whack :shock: I know what you mean though sonic is usually really good!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Heck, happened to me just tonight. On my way home from work, stopped at the Taco Bell, and the one time in years I didn't check, it was wrong... go figure.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
I always check now.
Once, at Sonic, ordered, received order, pulled off, started to eat, realized fries were ICE cold, like they just came out of the freezer. I was hacked, went back, complained, the manager attempted to tell me off for losing my temper. Don't think he works there now because it's always right and they are a lot nicer.
Then, at McDonalds, went through drive-thru, ordered a Biscuit and Sausage Gravy. Simply right? Pulled off, took my wife to work, the food was for her, she went in, I left. She calls me back and shows me what she got: One pancake, One sausage patty, One package of syrup, opened and poured over the pancake and sausage. I was HACKED. Took food back, I was shaking from anger. Asked for a refund and an explanation. Explanation: It was an employees food that was sitting in the warming until she went on break. What?!? So employees are allowed to mingle their food with the customers? No one bothered to make sure it was my order? Isn't the mingling a health violation? No answer. I told her that my family will never be back, and that I will tell anyone I can to never go to McDonalds again.
Still hacks me off thinking about it.
I worked at McD's for 5 years just about...the things I've seen would make your head spin sir. Let me learn you on a few tips:

1. Stay from grilled chicken/crispy chicken. It's rarely ordered, and sits there for a VERY long time getting old and dry.

2. If you want a filet-o-fish...order it fresh...and specify.

3. Only go during a rush if you have to...only way to guarantee food is fresh.

As for them totally screwing up your order, that was beyond stupid, their breakfast packaging is idiot proof, somebody wasn't paying attention and just grabbed.

Also, the "employee's food" should not have been sitting there. It's not a health code violation (unless it had already been eaten on) but it is definately bad juju.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.