is PPU or privi partizan good quality ammo

Discussion in 'Caliber Zone' started by USMC_VET, Mar 1, 2015.

1. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Found some 1k rd count bulk PPU NATO 5.56 m193 ammo for 0.39¢ per rd at my LGS . It's Serbian mfg ammo with sealed primers with brass casings

Is this good quality ammo to use ??

2. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    I've used PPU in a variety of calibers and it always worked well for me.

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Same here.

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Like it a lot and its cheaper than other brands that make 303, 7.62 Nagant 7.62 x54r in brass so can reload

5. USMC_VET

6. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

I've used in .303 Brit and 8mm. I agree with the others. It reviews ok as well.

7. Sirex

Sirex Member

I have used PPU in 9mm, .45, 7.62x25, 7.62x39, and 7.62x54r. Most were great, but the 54r were loaded very hot and were uncomfortable to shoot and not accurate. There was a post on the web somewhere where they too apart some rounds and measured the powder and found it loaded pretty hot. Most everything else has been great though.

8. rickm

rickm Member

I use it in my mauser 7.65x53ar has no problem with it so far.

9. Hdonly

Hdonly Member

I have used privi partizan .30-.30 , .30-06 and 7.65x53 and had good look with all of them.

10. Branth

Branth Member

Looking around, I've heard a lot of accuracy complaints about the PPU .308 ammo. I was considering buying some since I found a good deal, but decided against it for that reason.

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Try it Branth

12. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I have used PPU in 30-06, 45, and 9mm. PPU also makes the house brands for Cabela's (Herters) and Academy (Monarch). It is very consistent and the 150 gr 30-06 is super accurate in my Ruger.

13. Think1st

Florida
    Be careful about a few boisterous accuracy complaints about certain ammo. I take negative reviews with a grain of salt, sometimes, because they frequently sound like they were written by people who doesn't have the proficiency or properly maintained weapon needed to judge the accuracy.

Many of their negative statements about accuracy or precision don't include information about weapon type, barrel twists, resting method, or anything else. When that happens, I lend little credence to their input.

14. USMC_VET

So far sounds like good quality ammo so might buy some more 5.56 nato m193 rds from PPU when they're available . One thing forgot to ask is how is muzzle flash is it really noticeable ?? . Found out the PMC ammo I bought yesterday looks like a pyrotechnics display at night time LOL!!

15. Think1st

Florida
    I shoot in the daytime, outdoors, or in a well-lit indoor range, so I can't give an opinion on muzzle flash. That goes for the .45ACP and 5.56 NATO that I've used.

16. Branth

Branth Member

I'll see about picking up a couple boxes to test. I was thinking of ordering larger quantities since it's almost as cheap as I can load it, but I don't want to end up with hundreds of rounds of garbage ammo, so I'll test it first.

One review said he was able to shoot about 2MOA groups with a different brand of ammo, but was getting 12MOA (12!) with PPU. Could just be that he had one freakishly bad group, but it sounds concerning.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348012

I've shot their 5.56 stuff before though, and that's always been a go-to ammo for me.

17. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Branth, make sure you get the bullet weight your rifle likes. My 06 likes the 150's and 165's but the 180's open up quite a bit. Under an inch for the lighter bullets and just over 2 inches for the 180's.

18. Sirex

Sirex Member