Is The 995 Carbine Really That Ugly?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by straight shooter, Apr 13, 2008.

1. I think the 995 carbine is a cool looking little rifle. I don't like the looks of the ATI stock or the new Hi Point 995 stock for that matter. What do you think?

2. Cruiser

Cruiser Guest

I think the original stock is Kool looking! But what do I know, I think Mosin Nagant rifles are lovely! 8)

3. Before I saw the 995 in person, I thought it was UGLY. Then I saw one and held it. And bought it. Now I think it's only a little ugly. I don't like the looks of the ATI stock, but I do like the new (hopefully) stock and want one.

4. IMO.. the original stock was the reason why i didn't buy a 995 sooner.. "you can't judge a book by it's cover.." once i shot it, i knew i had to have it.. then i swtiched out the stock for ATI and added my touches to MY 995...

fyi - my buddy has a 995 NIB and i may buy his for $150, and then my new project will begin.. yep, Hi Point "had me at hello."

5. I think they both look cool.

6. neothespian

neothespian Member

Man I must be the only guy who bought it BECAUSE of it's looks! It has a very 1980's Sci Fi look to it, almost like it would be on the bridge of one of those transport ships fro "Aliens" or on the old school Battlestar Galactica.

7. I think it is functional looking in the factory stock. It serves my purpose and I am happy with it.

8. Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake Guest

I think it's ugly, but it doesn't bother me.

9. Try 1968: :roll:

http://us.imdb.com/media/rm309368832/tt0063442

As soon as I saw them, I knew I wanted one of those rifles. I asked every gun store I went to as a kid what they were (and living in SoCal, I soon knew they were just props).

The 995 reminded me of them so much, I knew I had to have one :!:

10. hero_saku39

hero_saku39 Guest

planet of the apes (original)

11. hero_saku39

hero_saku39 Guest

12. Sorry: the 995 (and 4095, by extension) is, indeed, ugly. Stunningly, fetchingly, ravishingly ugly. No ATIs for me -- they're too Botoxically pretty. :D

13. When I lived in California a little over a year ago I thought they were butt ugly. When I moved to Arizona I bought one and all of a sudden it looked pretty darn good. In California they are not available. A lot of stuff is not available in California.

14. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    I bought mine from a friend because it functioned, I came to appreciate it's good looks later and bought a second one.

15. first time I saw one I was intrigued and I like it.

16. AnArmyofRon

AnArmyofRon Guest

The first time I saw a 995 I thought it was ugly. That was 4 or 5 years ago. I bought one about two months ago. Its ugly.
    I like the ugliness, its what makes it the 995.
    I am going to get the ATI stock, but not because the 995 is ugly, there are just some features I like better on the ATI stock.

17. outofammo

outofammo Member

I never would have bought mine if the ATI stock was not available, I think the factory look is hidious.

Now the new carbine stock that is due out is, in my eyes, a thing of beauty. I will be getting a .45.

18. first bought mine to change over to the ati but looks have grown on me so im leaveing it stock. :D

19. DrGonzo

DrGonzo Member

Yes. They are hideous.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to buy another one though...