Is the ATI stock worth it?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by JMcDonald, Apr 17, 2008.

1. JMcDonald

JMcDonald Member

Sorry to kindof beat a dead horse, but I couldn't clearly find all the information I wanted.

I don't really mind having to grind out a few holes to make it work, but wouldn't want to have to spend a whole afternoon fixing ATI's mistakes. Are there any other negatives with the ATI stock?

2. well, hi point says it will cause damage to your carbine. that is a reason for me not to get one. just me

3. You have opened up a can of worms on this one, there are the Pro ATI stocks, the Anti ATI stocks, and the people that don't care one way or the other. All 3 groups will give you different answers.

Personally, I would wait for the new stock that Hi Point is coming out with.

4. JMcDonald

JMcDonald Member

Ah ok. If it has any effect on HP's warranty than Ill leave it alone. Thanks!

5. I like the looks of the ATI stock, but am waiting for the new HP stock. (just trying to stir the pot). 8)

6. DrGonzo

DrGonzo Member

I took my newly installed ATI stock to the range for the first time yesterday, and I'm very happy with it. I've found it to be an significant upgrade, not just "lipstick on a pig". The stock has more weight, is more solid, and just seems to fit better in my shooting positions. I also installed the tactical buttpad, which gives me a bit more length and grip in my shoulder. Also the pistol grip is much more comfortable. I do have to use my left hand for the safety and magazine release, but that's just a small change in habit for me, something solved through practice at the range.

It did require some work with the Dremmel to get the bolts to seat correctly, but it was well worth it. I reassembled the OEM stock and retained all the hardware in case I ever want to revert to the original stock, or have warranty issues. I'm very happy with the carbine and even happier with the upgrade.

Speaking of warranty, Hi Point sent me a replacement mag release (my old one cracked) no questions asked. They really aren't kidding about that warranty.

7. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Just an FYI if you replace the stock with ATI keep your original stock as they will remove it and replace it with original if you send it in to be repaired. Also Hi Point may NOT warrenty it if you use an ATI down the road sometime

8. AnArmyofRon

AnArmyofRon Guest

From what I understand about Hi-point is they have a full, no question asked, policy. When Hi-point starts asking questions about returned weapons then their warranty has just become suspect. And if the ATI stock that you put on your hi-point is causing the weapon to fail, then put the original stock back on. Just be smart enough not to send the "pig" in for repairs wearing it's fancy "silk pants" :D :D :D

9. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    I love my ATI Stock. No problems thusfar. Much better feel and look than the original (obviously, in my opinion).
    Just keep the original stock if you need to send it in.

10. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

11. The reason I bought my 995 was to install the ATI stock. Others may have had problems, but after 5000+ rounds I'm very happy! Some normal wear but nothing else.

[​IMG]

12. DrGonzo

DrGonzo Member

Dredscott, I like the Beretta Storm rails, looks sweet. Get a quality red dot on that puppy and you're in business! :lol:

What kind on front grip is that? I'm thinking of installing one when my rails come in (regular Weaver rails, not your slick Beretta rails) but I'm having a hard time visualizing one from pics on the internet.

13. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    Dredscott - where'd you get the beretta rail & about how much did it set you back?

14. Everything came from my gunshop here in Milwaukee called Badger Guns:

Beretta Storm Tri Rail $40.00
    Beretta Fore Grip $10.00
    Ati Stock [installed] $60.00

Everyone drooling over my 995 at the range, priceless!

15. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    Cool, thanks. $50 ain't bad at all :)

16. AnArmyofRon

AnArmyofRon Guest

I didn't see the thread, but I went to hi-point's site and got this:
    All Hi-Point firearms carry a lifetime, no-questions asked warranty. Whether you are the original purchaser, or a third-hand owner, your Hi-Point firearm will be repaired free of charge. I think the "no questions asked" portion pretty much covers everything, regardless of what was discussed by forum members.
    No warranty info or registration comes with the weapon and the site is vague. They pretty much have to fix the firearm. Thats why I love hi-point. If it looks like you cleaned it with comet and lubed it with sand Hi-point will fix it.
    Does anyone have a story where hi-point refused to fix a weapon because Hi-point suspected the weapon was modified? If you look at the bubba'd thread (highly modified) I think Hi-point will still fix that weapon. They'll even get a laugh out of it.

17. AnArmyofRon

AnArmyofRon Guest

Shooter Z, I'm not trying to be a smart ***, I just wanted to get the ATI stock. And I am serious about the question of anyone who has been refused warranty repair by Hi-point.

18. I say GO for it if you want it... I love mine!!!! I will get the "new" factory stock when it comes out... Might have to get a new 995 for that one as I really like my ati stock!!!!

[​IMG]

19. Ari

Ari Guest

No one has been turned away from a repair for having ATI stock damage. This has not happened yet. But they do say they can see the damage caused by the ATI stock even if you put the Hi-Point stock back on if you send it in for repair. I will leave it at that..