Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason i ask is because i came across a store this weekend that was offering 3 Hi point C9 Handguns for 359 dollars ,so with taxes it would be around 385 and i do want a C9 but i don't need 3. So my buddy suggested just buy them and then trade 2 of them at our local gun store because he traded a c9 there recently for a 145 dollar store credit. Then i could use the store credits to get the 995TS. So i would get a TS and a C9 for 385. So that would save me about 125 dollars because the TS is going for 279 and the C9 for 179 and together after taxes they would be over 500 dollars.So is there anything legally that would stop me from buying the 3 C9's one day and then turning around a trading them the next.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
No, not that I know of.
I don't think they'd give you enough for those two C9s to fund a 995TS. They're probably gonna give you less than what they have to pay for them.
Hope it works out for you though. :welcome:

·
Banned
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the info that i have they will give 125 cash but 145 if you opt for a store credit so the two would be just enough to get a TS

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Well, go for it then, they are much more generous than they are around here. LOL!
Like I said, there should be nothing stopping you from doing that.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
...So is there anything legally that would stop me from buying the 3 C9's one day and then turning around a trading them the next.
When you buy multiple handguns in one transaction the dealer must fill out a form and notify ATF. I've done this more than once, and nobody has kicked down my door yet.

But, it's okay for y'all to hope tonight's the night...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts