Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 995TS last week and ran into some issues with the magazine. When I inserted the magazine with what I thought was reasonable force and then released the bolt, it wouldn't chamber a round. I had to slap the mag in fast and hard to get it to work.

Is this normal? Does it work better after it is broken in?

·
Gun Fanatic
830 Posts
I had the same problem with my plain vanilla 995, I am tempted to send it in for a check up.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
I usually had to do that with my 4095. You're not going to insert it with one finger or anything.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I had the same problem with my new 995TS. Had to firmly slap in at first but after 25-30 insertions it now slips in a lot easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone here put something on the bottom of the mag to lengthen it just a little, say 3/8"? I wondered if some dense rubbery material might work. Allow you some length to slap it in, and not really be in the way.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
When I had a 995, I had to keep the back of the mag tight against the back of the well for it to slide in easily. Otherwise, it would stick and with all the plastic there, I was concerned something would break eventually.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Cmon it's a gun, a real gun not a toy!! Put the mag in and give a good slap to ram it home. Then grab that bolt and let it fly NOW your a man with a gun and look out!!

Believe me you get into a real firefight you won't just gently inserting them in, you'll be ramming them in as fast as you can

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cmon it's a gun, a real gun not a toy!! Put the mag in and give a good slap to ram it home. Then grab that bolt and let it fly NOW your a man with a gun and look out!!

Believe me you get into a real firefight you won't just gently inserting them in, you'll be ramming them in as fast as you can
Ditto, it is much tougher than you think, and if it breaks, it has the best guarantee in the business. Jim <><

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

Ditto, it is much tougher than you think, and if it breaks, it has the best guarantee in the business. Jim <><
Just because it'll be fixed for free doesn't mean I wanna go through the trouble of packing it up, paying to ship it, hoping nobody steals it in the process...

I'll stick to my AR, GSG-5 and AK-47; the magazines function as they should.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Weren't we (e.g.995TS owners) told to keep the bolt closed when ramming in a new mag due to concerns about bending the firing pin/ejector? Yeah, the TS has the bolt hold open, but with the firing pin exposed in the out position ramming in a new mag could bend the pin, right? Could someone clarify this, thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts