Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this forum affiliated with the manufacturer of Hi Point Firearms, or just those who love them?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Nope but they do stop in from time to time to see what we are up to !

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
We have no official connection or endorsement from Hi-Point Firearms. That being said, several employees of Hi-Point do have accounts here and occasionally browse the boards. You should not post questions or comments directed specifically to them as they will not answer in any official capacity, either by company policy or by choice.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was mostly wondering if that was why some topics are off limits. Since there is no affiliation with Hi Point is it fair to say that those topics are off limits so that people will not argue?

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where do I find a list of rules, by the way?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
We don't allow politics in order to attempt to maintain a friendly, comfortable, family atmosphere. basically if it isn't family friendly and safe to view/discuss at work, it isn't allowed here.

People will argue no matter they are discussing, it happens, human nature. When the arguments degenerate into name calling and spiteful displays of ignorance, that's when they cause problems. We simply disallow the most common reasons for arguments to get to that level. Any that get there anyway, that's when the Admins/Mods step in to regulate the situation.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
The main reasoning is that Hi-Point guns tend to attract a wide spectrum of users from all walks of life, simply because they're an awesome performing pistol at a great price.  So, unlike other gun boards we get a FAR more diverse cross section of society on here.  The trick is to keep it from imploding on itself.... it's not easy, but where else are you going to find such a diverse group of shooters?!?!

As for affiliation, there is no official one.  I myself strongly endorse Hi-Point arms not because they give me some sort of kickback or the like, but simply because one of their pistols saved my life about a year and a half ago, and they have serviced my firearms without question or charge whenever I had an error. 

That to me in an endorsement on how the company feels about me, it's end user.

·
Registered
27 Posts
And I (for one) am glad that politics isn't allowed in HPFF. We all have a love for something that transcends the pettiness of the current political atmosphere. We should build on that common ground...

Our Hi-Points will last us all a lifetime, if we treat them conservatively, liberally apply oil from time to time... Those Democratic open sights seem to stay on target, but that GD Republican charge handle caught my hand the other day... Frickin communist Pro-mags didn't work... brickin-brackin-frickin-frackin... Lord, I sure hope you all have a sense of humor. :D

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love talking politics and religion on the forums, but I have other places where I can do that. It's sort of fun for me to butt heads with a guy on one subject, but to find common ground with him on another!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
That is kind of harsh. Many of the suggestions your bashing are honest attempts by members of this forum to help newbies. I wasn't new to shooting but was very new to auto pistols. The information members of this forum freely shared was a major factor in me deciding on an auto pistol and a Hi-Point specifically.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts