Is this pistol junk?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by SavageGuy, Aug 8, 2017.

1. backbencher

backbencher Supporting Member

Looks good to me. Doesn't include the lower. 7" bbl will be LOUD.

2. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

You will not like the flash suppressor on that barrel, you will want a compensator or flash can.

3. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Supporting Member

How difficult is it to assemble? I know what the lower build takes but I haven't assembled the barrel and bolt etc.

4. backbencher

Bolt carrier assembly comes apart in normal fieldstripping. Installing the bbl requires a special wrench, about $25. You'll need a roll pin punch to install the gas tube.

5. greg_r

They are not bad. You need a vice. And looking at the handguards, probably a 30mm or 1 3/16 wrench. That's just a guess though, but handguards that attach like that shows normally take that type wrench. A torque wrench and receiver block are helpful

If you can strip and clean a bolt carrier group, you can put one together. Same-Same.

6. SavageGuy

OK, another question. This whole 'pistol' as compared to an SBR, it doesn't matter how long the barrel is, right? I guess what I'm asking is if I can have a pistol AR with a 10" or a 12" barrel.

This whole NFA thing is bs

7. greg_r

10 or 12 inch barrels are fine. If i were to build another 223 pistol, it would have probably a 11.5 inch barrel.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

Yes, it is.

My AR pistol is a 10.5 inch, and greg_r is right, the pistols are LOUD. I bought a few compensator/diffusers for under $20 each, they work well enough that I don't feel the need for a $50 version. But with a shorter barrel, maybe I would.:confused:

9. backbencher

You can have an AR pistol with a 16" or 20" bbl if you want.

10. 45Man

45Man Member

Includes no lower but picture shows a lower.
    I wouldn't trust them.

11. SavageGuy

I cropped the picture. The original picture says that the lower isn't included and can be added onto your order.

12. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Well-Known Member

I installed a KAK flash can on an 8.5" AR pistol. It worked great. I have an AR10 with a competition muzzle brake installed and it is wayyyyyy too loud. Ordered a KAK flash can and mounted it in place of the muzzle brake. Took it shooting today and problem fixed !!! Also mounted an A2 stock in place of the 6 position adjustable and it softened the recoil and the flash can softened the sound. Went through 40 rounds of 308 and it felt like a 223.

13. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

ND
    you called

15. SavageGuy

Alright, I ordered a pistol kit yesterday morning. Within hours it had been shipped. It arrives Saturday.

Very impressed so far

16. SavageGuy

Got it this morning and I've started assembling the upper. Everything looks good so far. Nothing is missing like with Palmetto.......

Still need to grab a lower at my LGS......
    ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1502601010.008742.jpg

17. greg_r

Was ibright about the 30mm crows foot? I had to grind my crows foot thinner so it would fit the gap where the flats are.

Personally I would ditch the birdcage. You will burn your finger. At least put a stop to keep your finger away from the thing. No vertical fore grip though, they are a no-no.

I have been asked why I built an AR pistol. My answer? Because they are fun! Here's mine.

The fireball picture is off the WWW, not mine, but its an example of what you can expect out of that 7.5" barrel

Attached Files:

18. backbencher

Vertical grips are Federally GTG if the OAL of the pistol is 26" or greater, and you don't conceal it on your person.

26"+ pistol > add a VFG > now non-concealable "firearm" > remove VFG > now concealable pistol again....

Thanks FDR. :rolleyes:

19. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Cite your sources before Kirk has a fit.

eldarbeast likes this.