ISSC M22, does anyone have one?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Dagwood, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I gave my Walther P22 to my daughter, and now, after shooting it this past weekend I'm missing it somethin awful!
    I really like the look and feel of the P22 and the Ruger SR22. Then Isaw the ISSC M22 online and, for the price, it seems like a really good alternative.
    Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with this brand or this particular gun?

2. I've got one. Nice gun; in fact its a tack driver and incredibly smooth. But it is VERY ammo picky, mine runs on CCI minimags exclusively which is fine as long as you can find a supply of them. And magazines are currently made of unobtainium and very pricey if you find one. So, IMO get a Ruger SR22 and don't look back. Hate to say that but it's the truth.

3. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I have never tried one, but have seen them new around $200. They seem to be modeled after a Glock.

As far as picky, the same is said about the P22.

4. I had one and the only reason I sold it was it just so ammo picky. Like Adam posted it ran great on MiniMags..... only.

Check into a Ruger SR22. I have one and it eats everything.

5. Dagwood

We were running WWW copper jacketed HP's thru the P22 on Sunday and it was having a lot of ftf's and fte's. Quite a PIA except the fact that my daughter got to experience a misbehaving gun. It was good practice for her.
    You all are right, I should stick to the SR22. I'll keep my eyes open for a used one or a sale. Thanks for your opinions,

6. Kiln

Kiln Member

You could also consider a S&W M&P Compact. Very, very nice guns with a good warranty behind them and going by online reviews, they tend to tolerate lots of different ammo types.

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    THIS...

I hope to get an M&P22 someday, cuz I have a full size M&P9 and that's
    really the only Poly Guns I consider worth the $$$
    (personal reasons, and my M&P9 shoots better than any plastic gun I've ever used) FTW!!!

8. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Grad a gun $299
    [​IMG]

9. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    CDNN sports $288
    [​IMG]

10. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Used $230 deguns.net link

threaded barrel

[​IMG]

11. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Of every semi auto 22lr I've shot my favorite "besides of course high standard" Is the neos, it's simple but smooth, reliably shoots anything I've put in it, and groups really well with the red dot. The grip angle I think is a major deal for me, I love the extreme grip angle like a high standard, makes it point so naturally. Plus you can tear it down in seconds with zero tools for cleaning. My only nit is the stock sights suck, the rear is fine but the front is so big and chunky it will cover a whole car at a few yards. Thought about drilling it out to make a front peep sight but never bothered.

[​IMG]

12. Kiln

Kiln Member

The Neos is a great buy too. Very reliable and is optic ready.

It's also one of the few "target" style .22lr pistols that is actually simple to take apart for cleaning. Most of the combat style pistols are easier but are usually more expensive.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  13. Dagwood

I do love the high standards. But that Ruger is a sexy little number you have to admit!

14. IMO the Neos is the sexiest .22 of this century.

15. Kiln

Kiln Member

Plus it definitely has the best quality mags, the load assist built into the magazine makes loading them painless.

16. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

NOOOOOOO! I do dig it's funkiness, but it's not a whitney wolverine!

[​IMG]

17. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

I also love that part too, IMO I think every single mag produced should have a hold down knob for loading, never a sore thumb no matter how much shooting you do...and they are stainless steel vs carbon steel or plastic.

18. Dagwood

I love those whitney's too, but the new ones are polymer... booo

19. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Yeah :wah: If only the guys that bought high standard bought whitney too...they are making some seriously high quality stuff from what I've read. Think they are building per order on the pistols though, haven't seen them for sale anywhere except the website.

20. Kiln

Kiln Member

Too bad the new HS guns are ridiculously expensive and they discontinued the hammer fired HB model, which is probably the best gun they ever built. My grandad has one that shoots ANYTHING, even the Winchester Super X that chokes nearly every gun I've ever fired it in. Of course no matter how reliably the Super X feeds in it, their priming is absolute garbage.