Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having a pretty severe thunder and lightning storm…in January…wintertime.

The adage is that it will now snow within 7 days.

While there is no guarantee of snow, the old saying is mostly true. Cold air from the north is fighting with hot air from the south. Cold front is on the way. And there is moisture with it as evidenced by the water falling from the sky right now.

We don’t get as much snow today as we did in years past. Seems like we now get mostly ice. I would love a good snow since my grandkids are living with me now. I will go outside and play in it with them!

·
Super Moderator
5,283 Posts
We are having a pretty severe thunder and lightning storm…in January…wintertime.

While there is no guarantee of snow, the old saying is mostly true. Cold air from the north is fighting with hot air from the south. Cold front is on the way. And there is moisture with it as evidenced by the water falling from the sky right now.

We don’t get as much snow today as we did in years past. Seems like we now get mostly ice. I would love a good snow since my grandkids are living with me now. I will go outside and play in it with them!
Tell ya what - you keep the snow down there for another coupla weeks til I get this excavation job finished. He can dig in the cold, but not in the snow. So far, so good

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,999 Posts

It's likely going to be that way. I'm seeing that we are returning to the weather patterns of when I was a kid, I remember the 70's and that a new ice age was coming :rotfl: Now it's global warming baiters and they will be wrong as well. I'm just curious if the non-hysterical meteorologist crew is correct, and we may be headed for a few years of colder than normal weather. 🤔

·
Super Moderator
9,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, that was fast. Went from heavy rain to heavy snow before the sun came up. Quit snowing at about 1 pm and the sun is out. Melting fast. Weatherman says cold front here tomorrow and temps in the 20 degree range tomorrow. Car thermometer says it’s 41 degrees now.

·
Premium Member
8,404 Posts
Not much snow here yet, only about 3 inches on the ground.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,330 Posts

I do love the snow. But when I was stationed in Fort Lost in the Woods. And it snowed you southerners could not drive for shit. Northern boys had to drive everybody to and from. I kept getting put on one of the base shuttle buses. Be safe and watch out for the ******** in 4×4s and karens driving like nascar lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts