It finally happened....

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by greg_r, Feb 9, 2015.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

....My Hi Point CF380 jammed. This thing has ate everything. WWB, PPU, Remington , handloads, LRN, TC, but it choked on a XTP. Only once, but it choked. After how many rounds through it? Too many to count. I can no longer say my Hi Point has never jammed. :(

2. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

At least you got it over with, and not when you really needed it. Now blast a few more of that brand and see if it repeats itself. Have you used XTP before in that weapon? Then try your favorite stuff and see if it does it again. I really hate random jams. Especially the ones where you have no freakin idea why it happened in the first place. :mad:

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

These are gone I'll not use any more. I honestly didn't expect the CF380 to eat them. These are reloads that my TCP or Bersa Thunder won't eat either. I had loaded them a while back and had put them away. Just decided to see if the Hi Point would eat them. Except for the one round, it ate them fine.

I think this is more a testament to the reliability of the Hi Point. Took something I did not expect to work and it was 99.9% with them!