Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CF-380 finally burped at the range yesterday and I had a stovepipe. I've owned this gun for at least 15 years and this is the first time I can remember having a malfunction of any type. I know gun enthusiasts like to bad mouth Hi-Points but this is the most dependable gun I own. It digests every brand and type of ammo I put in it. At the time I bought it I think I paid something like $109 for it.

I don't know if I can even blame the gun for the stovepipe because I've never field stripped this gun for cleaning. I just spray it with gun scrubber on occasion. My 380 is like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps going and going.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thats great that it's been working good. You may have a weak recoil spring.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Stovepipes are a classic sign of limp wristing. Were you getting tired or lazy?

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
my CF380 has likewise been a good one. it did develop an issue with the slide locking open after I dont know how many thousands of rounds. by locking open I mean as would not unlock without dismantling the pistol.

it somehow fixed itself and has not done it again since.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stovepipes are a classic sign of limp wristing. Were you getting tired or lazy?
I didn't know that. Yes, it was at the end of a session. I had just put 200 rounds through my Webley & Scott Mark IV .38. Because of my age I'm downsizing my handgun collection and I wanted to shoot up the last of the 38 S&W I had before I sold this gun. Perhaps the stovepipe is on me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts