Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About the time I settled in to bed the phone rung. It was one of the local hospitals. The 16 year old daughter was transported from an automobile accident.

Deer were in the road, the boyfriend swerved to miss them, lost control and rolled down an embankment.

Trouble getting out of the car, but the paramedics were able to free her. Her other friend, a girl her age, was trapped in the car, fire department had to get her out. Both the boys were able to be removed by the paramedics.

I don’t know the injuries of the other three, but my daughter has hurt both of her legs. None of them are life threatening, but I understand the other girl is serious.

If you are of the persuasion, say a prayer for them please. Thoughts are appreciated from everyone.

·
Saved by Grace through Faith
64 Posts

Reactions: greg_r

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
You just can't catch a break, my southern friend. Praying for your daughter and her friends.

Reactions: greg_r

·
Super Moderator
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s always better for me than it could of been though. She is home now. Bruised and sore. Seatbelt did a number on her. She has a couple of cuts on her leg, the word of which took 14 stitches.

She will be sore a while, but she is ok. The boyfriend is home too, as is the other girls boyfriend. The other girl is still in the hospital.

I did find out from the officer that the car flipped 4 times. How can they tell? Just a guess I think. No tickets. The only fatality was a deer.

·
Premium Member
36,162 Posts
Happy for you and those now at home.

We lost a kid here two nights ago, 20-something, he was in a few of my classes. Driving in a welding truck, got T-boned in the driver door by someone blowing a stop sign on a country road at 60+. He must have swerved to avoid it, as the car wouldn’t have pushed him off the road and rolled him like it did.

Sometimes life isn’t fair.

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
I am sorry about what happened. I said a prayer for everyone involved in the car accident.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Prayers for everyone to heal fast with no long term problems!

Driving instructor I had and my dad said hit the deer, cars are replaceable, your life isn't if you go off the road.

·
Administrator
28,714 Posts
I did find out from the officer that the car flipped 4 times. How can they tell? Just a guess I think. No tickets. The only fatality was a deer.
That's a bunch of times flipping just to swerve to miss a deer. Is he known for having a right foot a little bit heavier than his left?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
There are ways through distinctive marks, distance traveled, etc. But it's primarily speculation unless you're a trained Investigator.

I can look at a crushed up car at tell you precisely what to cut where to section the car up and get the patients out, only thing I can tell you about how it ended up in front of me other than the obvious? 🤷‍♂️ Your guess is as good as mine.

·
Super Moderator
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a bunch of times flipping just to swerve to miss a deer. Is he known for having a right foot a little bit heavier than his left?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
They went down an embankment. Basically a snall ravine. There is no way he was going too fast. Would not have made it down the road that far. Your typical mountain road. The car just rolled down the hill.

We lost a kid here two nights ago, 20-something, he was in a few of my classes. Driving in a welding truck, got T-boned in the driver door by someone blowing a stop sign on a country road at 60+. He must have swerved to avoid it, as the car wouldn’t have pushed him off the road and rolled him like it did.

Sometimes life isn’t fair.
Hard time deciding wether to like this or not. 20 is awful young to be gone just because somebody else was stupid.

^^^Thanks for this though^^^

Reactions: ajole
1 - 13 of 13 Posts