It was awesomely epic, and totally random!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by desertrider, Jun 11, 2014.

1. desertrider

desertrider Member

:mad::mad::mad:

I almost instinctively stabbed myself in the side of the head with a fork when I heard this yesterday.

I was having lunch at a restaurant near UCR in Riverside surrounded by UCR students, and overheard two male students describing a chance encounter with some artist.

I lifted my face out of my burger long enough to focus on the two undergrads flexing their English muscle to elaborately describe this chance meeting with apparent fame.

I know this is a pretty lame rant, but I know I'm not the only person irritated by people eager to describe the epic idea they just had, or the awesome beer they just discovered, or the ridiculous fries they just tasted.

Has the word "good" been stricken from our vocabulary?

So if the words epic and awesome are worthy to describe how a burrito tastes, how will one of these intellectual giants find the words to describe the birth of their first child? Will it be any more significant than that burrito they had?:confused:

2. a girl i work with uses the word amazing all the time for describing wine or food. It is annoying.

3. desertrider

desertrider Member

I usually give girls a pass for the use of exuberant language, unless they do it constantly.

I deliberately bolded the word male in my post because I'm less forgiving when I hear guys go overboard with using descriptive language. When my son still lived at home it would bug me when he used words like epic and random to describe things.

When I was a kid, the key words were "cool", "bad", and "tits" to describe something good, in order of its level of acceptance. If something was "cool" it was good, if it was "bad" it was better than good, and if something was "tits" it was the best.

If something was bad, the words "bunk", "bogus", and "sucks" were used to describe the level of disapproval.

I miss the good ol' days.

4. Branth

Branth Member

Well, we live in a society full of advertising. Nobody says their new burrito is "good" or "tasty." It's AMAZINGLY CRISPY shell and INCREDIBLY DELECTABLE BEEF with OUTRAGEOUSLY ZESTY SALSA will make it the BEST TACO YOU HAVE EVER LAID EYES ON!!!!

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It's cool, daddy-o.

You know, groovy.

You know what I mean, it's face, da bomb!

Yeah, totally fly!

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. desertrider

desertrider Member

:D :p

Exactly!

They have to capture the attention of their target market, and that demographic is predominantly Americas youth.

[​IMG]

7. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

i'm sure glad the whole hella this hella that thing quickly faded away.

8. Win94ae

Win94ae Member

Indeed, their word selections drive me emphatically indifferent!

9. Branth

Branth Member

Yeah, that was hella annoying.

10. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Thank goodness it wasn't b!tchin'.

11. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

That is one of the best explanations of "epic" being a complete failure. Now if we could just get them to weigh in on other stupidity....

12. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I don't give a rats ass what they say, if they will just pull up their frickin pants.... I've seriously considered carrying a staple gun with me, yanking their pants up past their tits, and stapling them there...

13. bluebone

well dont sugarcoat it!!:p

14. Bull

Tell me you haven't thought the same?

15. bluebone

of course....my thoughts may have been a little more harsh. perhaps involving a large hose clamp and a cordless drill.

16. Branth

Branth Member

17. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    They will say they are without words. I have seen it. They use all the superlatives for everyday, ordinary things, so nothing is left!

So, she likes her food and wine! :D
    I'm with ya, Horn.

18. Bull

Ohhhhhhh!!! Bull likey!!!!!

19. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member