Itarget Training System

Discussion in 'Training' started by ichthyo, Jan 1, 2017.

1. ichthyo

ichthyo Lifetime Supporter

I couldn't find any post on here regarding Itarget. I checked it out and think it's pretty solid. It uses your gun, a paper target, laser cartridge with a momentary switch that comes on when the firing pin hits the rubber end, and a cell phones' camera to create an image that records each shot with a bullet hole superimposed on the screen. I downloaded the free app and set up my cell and a target on the wall to try it out. I don't have a laser bullet, so I just shined a laser light on the paper target to try it out. It works well! Well enough I bought a cartridge to allow me use it as designed. I bought the .380 cartridge as I think I will be able to use it in larger calibers by creating adapter sleeves for 9mm and 45 acp. Pretty great way to practice in the house.

https://www.itargetpro.com

Attached Files:

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

3. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    The app is all you need to get it going? I am still waiting on my laserlyte training aid prize I won back in September. I have three cartridges ready in the mean time. They should work for this too?!?!

I was also looking at these:

[​IMG]

These are around $27 and should work too!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

add one of these too!:

[​IMG]

4. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Update:. Yes app works as stand alone. Red laser only, didn't see my green no matter what I did with sensitivity.
    Cheapest training lasers I can find so far as posted before was the G-sight. $27 on SG member pricing before any additional ebates. Around $19 on Amazon, but fewer choices found there. G-sight has pistol, rifle and shotgun cartridges. Even 45-70 and 7.62x39! Pistol includes ones like .38, 44 mag and 45 Colt for revolver types and most common semiautomatic calibers too.
    Added feature of app allows to fine tune for a sighted in gun to simulate distance.
    Thanks ichthyo for this info on the neat app!! :D Two thumbs up on this one............

App link for android

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. ichthyo

Any laser cartridge will work. The app is free.

6. ichthyo

You can set up multiple targets in a room for additional traiing scenarios. The phone gives you visual and audio feedback with each shot.

Guns with second strike capability work best as you can just keep pulling the trigger.
    1911 style guns require you to pull the hammer back each time while many semi auto require you to rack the slide to reset the trigger for another shot.

Some laser cartridge brands are rimless so they don't eject the round when you rack the slide.I would get the rimless ones fo sure.You have to push them out with a pencil to remove them though.

7. ichthyo

I would get the app asap as it may go away or start costing money when everyone realizes any laser cartidge will work and sled is not required.

8. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I believe the G-Sight are rimless. A revolver is neat too, only need 5 or more cartridges to use. So 44 mag, 38 or 45 colt setup Around $150 for the lasers.

9. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Any but green it seems from my testing. :(

10. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Might need to save a copy of it and set not to auto update incase they make some changes.

You can always buy a setup from them in support for their product! :)

11. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Next Level training bolt allows firing of laser without racking. Cost under $200 though. Once setup it fires with every pull of the trigger!

[​IMG]

12. ichthyo

Yea, the app is proably worth it. Their cartridges are too much though.

How can you set the app not to update on an android? I can't figure that out.

13. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    In the play store where you install, update etc. the upper right corner is a pulldown where you set or unset auto update.

Also a file app will allow saving the .apk to storage somewhere or email it.

Oh, and there even is 30 carbine cartridge too from G-Sight you might be able to use as a training cart!

[​IMG]

14. ichthyo

I see most of those cheap ones on Amazon are not firing pin activated and stay on all the time. To get the most from the itarget, you need a short flash from a firing pin strike.

15. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Sounds neat. Please write a review for the Articles when you get it. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

16. Asher1

Asher1 Member

I really like the laser trainer ideas... I just wish someone would step up the game on them and make common carry gun specific kits (glock, M&P, etc), battery pack would be the magazine, a replacement barrel would have a electro magnetic piston in it to cycle the guns slide, maybe a lighter spring to aid the function...

Heck with today's electronics, the battery pack could even offer a round count, or FTF option and make you practice in swap mags quickly..

17. ichthyo

I can do that, but Dane might beat me to it.

18. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    In fairness to the company, you probably should be the one to review their products. I have no intention at this time to purchase their sled or training cartridges. I have some from laserlyte and am considering the less expensive ones too. I may get the other paid apps or upgrade to support the company for what seems like a great app offered for free.

19. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Like these? Well, not exactly like you describe, but close.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. ichthyo

Ok. I ordered and finally received a laser training cartridge in .380 ACP. I bought the .380 hoping I could also use it for my 9mm luger guns by a making an adapter. I was able to make an adapter from a section of a 9mm case. Now I can headspace the rimless cartridge in two calibers. I may try to make a .45 ACP adapter as well, but haven't thought that one through yet.

I must confess that I bought it online from a Chinese website called DH Gate for $31.00 with free shipping. It must have come over by boat as it took a month to get here. It works great! It even came with batteries.

Attached Files: