ithaca 20 gauge pump

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by doobie, Nov 29, 2007.

1. doobie

doobie Guest

i was looking for a good shotgun for my son and i ran across this ithaca 20 gauge pump. i cannot find anything on the internet on what the value of this gun is. i did not get the model number before leaving his house. he wants 180.00 for it. i think that is a good deal. i think it is their featherlite model, bottom eject. let me know what you guys think.

2. If you can get as much info as possible, you may be able to find something similar on gunbroker.com to get an idea of price, or someone that knows Ithacas may chime in.

I just looked on gunbroker and saw that Ithaca shotguns (in general, not specifically 20ga pump) ran from approximately $175 to in excess of $2400.

3. 1motion

1motion Guest

if its an ithaca model 37 feather light you are getting a great deal... i have the one in 12 ga i got when my grandpa passed away.... he worked for the nebraska game and parks and spent many years putting it to good use.

i love the bottom eject on it, keeps the shells in the pit/blind or keeps them close to your feet when out walking for some bird or whatever for easy clean up.

i will get the camera out and take some pictures

4. 1motion

1motion Guest

ithaca model 37 featherlight

here are some pictures of my model 37, its a great gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. doobie

doobie Guest

shotgun

welp i picked it up today. it is a model 37 featherlite. he hesitated a little when i handed him the 180 but a deal is a deal. its a 85% gun, so i am happy. i am giving it to my son for x-mas along with some accessories for his new 995. ho ho ho to us. :D

6. Have you looked up a price range for it yet? If nothing else you can go online to http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ and ask them for a serial number search and see what they think it's worth.

7. does nit happen to be the deer slayer barrel? if so buy it right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. 1motion

1motion Guest

nice score..... my model 37 will never leave the family, im sure your son will grow quite attached to it, i hope you dont plan on shooting it much haha