Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found one for sale locally and have been wanting a lever action 22 for as long as I can remember. It appears to have a magazine tube, but I can't find any information on it. I really want one that holds more than one round at a time, but it would also not be used as anything more than a range gun. Is it worth $150 as a single shot? Can anyone provide me with any info on these? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
some of those have what looks like tube feed but it really isn't. Some are tube feed. One thing about those is they shoot 22 short, L and LR. I think the price may be a bit high though, and parts will be harder to find, I think they are out of production these days.
If you really want it, offer them $100. I wouldn't go higher than that.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
The Ithaca 49 is a falling block single shot. The Ithaca 72 is a tube feed just like the new Henrys but with a much nicer finish. The 72's are very nice if you find one in good shape. Honestly, the 49 isn't much, painted and potmetal, oh wait..... that sounds familiar doesn't it!
-g

G

·
I've got an Ithaca 49, mine is a single shot. They did make both a single shot, and a repeater in the 49 model. The value seems to vary widely, I traded some reloading equipment for mine. I've seen them go for almost nothing, and for more than they could possibly be worth, condition doesn't seem to be as big a determining factor, so much as who is buying it, I guess lever collectors would pay more, or any one that had a nostalgia for old lever weapons, my case. $100.00 would be a good starting point for the dickering process. I might even go to $75, and work up from there.
The action is similar to a rolling block in a way, I think they call the action, on the single a "Martini" type action, the top of the receiver drops down to eject the spent round, my rifle doesn't eject LR very well, I haven't tried longs or shorts, yet. It is a lot of fun to shoot, except for the eject problem, I usually have to pull the empty with my Leatherman.
I would probably go for it, especially if it is the repeater model.

You might want to do a little research on gunbroker or some of the other online auction sites.

Doc

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the same problem with mine it doesn't eject the spent shell like it should but i have tried anything but lr as well need some shorts to try might work better. mine is accuarte and works good though. I wouldn't go over a $100 for it though unless it's the repeater.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I have wanted one of those since I was a kid. I would not pay $150.00 for one though. Maybe $100.00.

I have heard they made some as repeaters, but I have never seen one. The magazine tube is a dummy on the ones I have seen. Sears Roebuck also sold them under the Sears name for a few years. The "Sears" ones I've seen didn't have a magazine tube at all.

G

·
I found one for sale locally and have been wanting a lever action 22 for as long as I can remember. It appears to have a magazine tube, but I can't find any information on it. I really want one that holds more than one round at a time, but it would also not be used as anything more than a range gun. Is it worth $150 as a single shot? Can anyone provide me with any info on these? Thanks in advance.
Got to ask, DID YOU GET LUCKY, WELL, DID YOU???Had to ask. LOL

Did you go ahead or did you make an offer they couldn't refuse.
Curious people want to know.

Doc

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually passed. I want a repeater, but as it turns out I don't want to pay repeater prices. It was single shot only and I would just be dissappointed and want a repeater anyway. I have enough single shots as it is. He did have 2 Marlin 39As for $400 and $500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.