Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shop just called.....

They FINALLY got my bike running again!!!! :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!:

Now, they have to keep it for just one more day to make sure the new firmware for the ECM is up to date and all the gaskets and seals are in tight, but barring any freakish delays, I will be picking the Vespa up Wed afternoon!

Only took FOUR MONTHS..... but I'll be pleased as all get out to get it back.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"...to make sure the new firmware for the ECM a bunch of fancy crap they put in Italian bikes is up to date..."
fixed! <3 ;)
Why you cheeky little.....

You're just jealous because my bike is fully auto, with a stabilization system AND could make a decent cup of Frappachino if you had the right accessories!

AND... it even has a cupholder!

·
Registered
927 Posts
"...to make sure the new firmware for the ECM a bunch of fancy crap they put in Italian bikes is up to date..."
fixed! <3 ;)

You're just jealous because my bike is fully auto, with a stabilization system AND could make a decent cup of Frappachino if you had the right accessories!

make sure they give you a fresh pair of energizers with it. :D :D :D j/k

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
fixed! <3 ;)

dude. your moped has a cupholder? not bad, i had to build one for my pedal bike.

SW

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
ya know i have ridden two of those in my lifetime and i can honestly say the hardest part about riding em was lacing em to my feet.... ;)

and of course we ALL know the joke about mopeds and certain women....

rofl just yankin yer chain... congrats, be safe....and id tell ya to remember loud pipes save lives, but i dont think it would help ya :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fixed! <3 ;)

dude. your moped has a cupholder? not bad, i had to build one for my pedal bike.

SW
OH!!!! IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Neo, Pigtails, thanks for the laughs. I really needed that today.

Oh and pigtails, a spit ball shootin' pellet pistol really isn't gonna hurt that much. Just my $0.02.... ;) :p :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Neo, Pigtails, thanks for the laughs. I really needed that today.

Oh and pigtails, a spit ball shootin' pellet pistol really isn't gonna hurt that much. Just my $0.02.... ;) :p :D
Oh. In that case, let me go run and get the Mosin! :evillaugh:

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
fixed! <3 ;)

SW
OH!!!! IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...like donkey kong.

SW

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
....she scares me......... :blink: :D
But I think I like it.

Neo, you are a lucky man. Even though you do ride something that would just give me a wedgie. ;)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well you can all have your laughs for a little while longer....

It seems the shop is NOT done with the bike. Amazingly, they found ANOTHER "problem" with the brakes, yet the brakes were JUST fine when I brought the machine in. They insist they had to remove the rear assembly when they removed the motor, but I don't recall having to detach the piston assembly from the main master cylinder line when removing the swingarm :brow:

But what do I know....

So it's no longer alive for right now.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok...yet ANOTHER update!!

Turns out they fixed the brakes. It seems that in order to properly bleed the hydraulic system, you have to lay the bike ON IT'S SIDE in order to purge the air out of all the fittings :blink: :blink:

Don't ask. It's Italian.

I am assured that I get it tomorrow. The warranty covers nearly all of the cost of the engine rebuild, but I still don't know how much I'm going to get nailed for "incidentals" and extra labour. We shall see tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
wait, lay it over to work on it? you sure its not a FORD???? i hope my ribbing isnt upsetting ya too bad...of the 15 or so years i been riding ive never had any of my hondas in the shop for more then an afternoon so i guess i cant share your pain... at least the warranty will help alot!

honestly i think they are nice looking rides, but me on one of those would be like tommy boy's fat guy in a little coat.... :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.