Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
No one in my area will touch this with a 9 foot pole. HiPoint is only carried by a few retailers and no one even carries Phoenix 22s anymore. Still though, if I see one, I'll likely buy it... just because.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just want to know who they bribed to get their FFL back.
This is almost an Alex Jones Show level conspiracy. With the ATF cracking down on so many gun issues, and an openly hostile anti-gun administration, how on earth does this company have another valid FFL if the frog-turning, shape-shifting, global elites aren't involved?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm not familiar with how the manufacturer FFL works, but I would assume that the applicant would need to be in the upper echelon of the company, or owner. Otherwise any one of the employees could hold the FFL (in the companies name) while the other assets reside with an owner. I guess, can they do that?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Depends on how the Corporation is set up. You don't think the Ruger FFL is held by a person do you?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I'm not sure how that would work. My guess would be that large companies like Ruger file for an FFL differently than smaller companies like JA.

Yes, but in the article I posted from March they just have another person in the family start another LLC and file for the FFL, then d.b.a. it. Technically you can't get an FFL solely for personal use, with the C&R being the exception to the rule but which clearly states must only be used in furtherance of the holder's private collection. There has to be a proposed or intended business associated with the FFL and some states will actually require you to have a license for said home based business as the sole proprietor
This is what I would assume for smaller companies, an LLC (probably frequently a sole owner/proprietor) would file for the FFL and it would be tied back to that individual. I know you can tie an FFL to an address you don't own, would a company be able to own the factory with the tooling and an LLC be set up to operate the factory as a contractor? I'm thinking along the lines of how Lake City runs. Just a thought, but if the factory was owned by a third party and these various JA companies merely operated it, then it wouldn't effect the ownership or assets of the factory if JA was sued, or lost it's FFL and had to reform, etc. Kind of like an extra layer of legal shielding. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this entire thing.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Look at family in Louisiana that owns or owned Red Jacket they went through several employees to get ffls because non of them could get one.
Yet we still can't get a straight Tec-9 or Tec-22 clone that's well made. I'm not against the idea of owning a pink JA-9, but if zombies companies are gonna roam the earth then I'd prefer Cobra or Intratec.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't hate you.
These SNS pistols are the BDSM of the firearms world... and some of us are into that kinky ZAMAK stuff. Seriously though, the low-tier gunshops in my area never last long enough to take in this kind of goodness used... so I am hoping someone will carry them. As I said though, even finding HiPoints is hard. There is a shop that carries new HiPoints, but they jack the price up (+$50 above market), I suspect there is a legit racist component because it's that kind of gunshop, but I'm not willing to pay a $50 "boomer tax" to get a JA-9... I've just never owned one and want to play around with it... a pink one, or maybe a $100 bill hydro-dip.

·
Registered
274 Posts
There's not a huge margin in low-end guns, which is why shops that have a good trade in higher margin guns often don't carry the cheap stuff. I've seen new HiPoint pistols well over $200 at gun shows recently. I'm charging 10% to a buddy of mine on a Yeet Cannon TB, and after shipping, he's gonna pay me just under $200 before sales tax.
The only larger retailer that still has HiPoints in stock is right around $189 on them, but who knows how long that will last.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I bought the 9A used about 2 months ago (used) and i actually like it a lot, Im new to guns and shooting so i kinda have to figure the gun out the the rear sight is favored towards the right and my shot grouping is getting better, thinking it will be good if i adjust the sight. i also just bought the Hi Point 45 ACP and it makes me look like a pro. Im also new to this forum by the way.
Welcome.

That said, I highly encourage you start collecting obscure variations of nonsense "Saturday Night Special" (SNS) firearms. It's more expensive if you pick one model/brand and then try to obtain literally every single mechanical variation first, then move on to the cosmetic variations. Except the Raven series and the very early Jennings, most of the common SNS guns remain cheap enough to start a decent collection. Alternately, follow the 9mm HiPoints through their design evolution, it's fascinating stuff.

I only tell you this because every interest is better if you turn it into a hobby and every hobby is better if you get so obsessed that people confuse your obsessions with some form of autism (some of us have that anyway). I think you'll find gun ownership, and shooting, are more fun if you have something to focus on and make building your collection a great Indiana Jones like adventure throughout the gun community. Either way, enjoy yourself and put round through your "Nine" as much as possible. I would recommend sticking to bulk 115gr 9mm though, the manuals almost universally recommend low end ammo (except HiPoints which are really tough guns).

·
Registered
274 Posts
This is terrible advice, near akin to a curse. One Jimenez is a learning experience, more than one are hopefully gag stocking stuffers for fellow gun owners, and a collection is a clear sign of perversity.

You've got a cheap 9, learn from that. Get you a 12 ga pump shotgun, preferably a Mossberg or their Maverick, run some bird shot, buck, & slugs, maybe play w/ the shorties. As funds allow, piece together an AR. When you can, get a cheap Glock clone or any one of the decent compact service pistols on the market w/ common mags - S&W M&P, Canik, Taurus G2/G3 series, Beretta 92 or Turk clone, and then a PCC, or an AR mag block that takes those mags & an AR-9 upper.
I'm not offering advice on putting together a bug-out kit for the post-apocalypse, I'm offering advice on how to do something satisfying in the meantime. It isn't like the people who run the Royal Armouries get to shoot those guns they've collected, but they do get to notice the fascinating differences within the same model over time. Think of JA-9s as something of an FAL of the cheap handgun world, lots of variation and manufacturers. 😁 I have one Raven I shoot regularly, the rest are basically only ever handled and studied, shooting doesn't have to be an aspect of collecting guns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts