Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last week I bought a brandy NIB 9mm Carbine, and today I bought a brandy NIB 380 ACP. Just got home with it. $129.95 + another $17.00 for an additional magazine and the last 4 boxes of Blazer .380 AUTO 95 GR. TMJ ammo they had in the store.

I just tried it out. :D Two full mags. I had one failure to eject which caused a jam.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Sounds like you got bit by the Hi-Point bug? Don't resist the addiction just go with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They also had a used .40 Carbine for $219.00 with a second mag. I tried to get it for $140.00 but the owner was not there to deal with so I did not go for it. I thought $219.00 was a bit much considering it was used althoug it looked to be in excellent condition. I think I'll wait for the new version and maybe get the .45.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I've been bitten. I only wish ammo was not so expensive and hard to find. I figure after a few more months pass the ammo demand will get back to normal and we can all more easily find ammo.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
If you want the 45 carbine when they come out you'll need to get in line behind me :devilsidesmile: . I've been wanting one since I first heard about them. Think there is any chance we could get Hi-Point to give forum members 1st dibs? I'm not above groveling to get my hands on one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should I just start shooting this thing right out of the box or should it be disassembeld, cleaned and lubricated first? The manual does not really say. I've read some posts that say do not oil the gun and other posts that say to oil the mag. I'm not really sure. As I stated in the original post I fired two mags through it when I got home and had one fail to eject which caused a jam.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I so did the same thing. I had my 995 for a couple of years. And then randomly one month I decided I needed another one, and another one after that. So I now have my 3 Hi Points. Definitely addicted as well.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
way to GO Cisco! The first step is admitting it... but I hope you never recover from this addiction.

Think there is any chance we could get Hi-Point to give forum members 1st dibs? I'm not above groveling to get my hands on one.
Me too Mules! maybe if we ask often enough and with passion... pleadingly... or, maybe they need BETA testing? Send-out some pre-release arms to folks who don't mind a glitch or two? I'll gladly let them take the numbers on my plastic... (am I being subtle enough?)

Sorry Cisco, didn't mean to change the topic. (should I have put the previous comments in BOLD text Cisco?)

G

·
Sounds like you got bit by the Hi-Point bug? Don't resist the addiction just go with it.
hahah lord knows i got the bug. bought one CF380. first pistol owned...loved it despite all the gun bashers out there. now i have two more c9s grrr cant get enough of itttt. :D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
It's unfortunate, but, I have to inform you. You have come down with the affliction know as HI-POINTITIUS.

This affliction is not curable, but it can be managed.

To manage this illness you need to purchase as many Hi-point firearms you can afford and then go shoot them weekly.

After your weekly Hi-point treatments you should feel much better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In addition to hipointitus I've got justaboutanyguntypeitus. Just picked up my Ruger LCP. That one is going to take some time to get used to.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just got my second Hi-Point myself!

Now I have the JHP 45 ACP in OD Green and the C9. Also got a AMT BackUp .380, Smith &Wesson Model 10-7 .38 snubbie, a NAA .. mag/lr mini revolver as well. They are all good for their intended purposes...

We'll save the long gun descriptions for later.[/b

·
Registered
65 Posts
I too have the Hi-Point virus. It can't be gotten rid of. I have a 995 , .45 JHP, and the .45 Carbine on backorder. I also agree that forum subscribers should have first dibs...always.

G

·
im getting worse! especially after today. throw tons of money at my problem, to make me better by buying ammo and making all of it go away hahah.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.