I've got a fever, and the only perscription is...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Strangerous, Feb 7, 2008.

Do You Want MORE COWBELL?!

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 1:28 AM.
  1. Yes!

100.0%
  2. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Oh Yeah!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No Doubt about it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

MORE COWBELL!
    I am serious fellas, i know i am not the only one who is hacked that YouTube.com will not allow the original skit (unedited, not jacked up) to be posted by anyone by NBC... What can we do?
    JOIN THE COWBELL REVOLUTION!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L-CUMCgkBc[/ame]
    If you feel as strongly as i do about the cowbell, and the respect i have for the cowbell, join me in the fight to get the real skit.
    Come on folks... I'm serious.
    I WANT MORE COWBELL!!!

2. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Why do you wanna here a cowbell for they aint musical Just makes a racket that's all

3. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Guest

hell yes we need more cowbell up in here.

4. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

I have not seen nor can find the Cow bell....

5. There are so few forums that feature the Cowbell, babies... I gotta have more Cowbell...

6. It's a classic SNL skit...

7. SHOOTER Z

I never watched SNL. It was on too late for me and most of the time I was working then anyway.

8. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Amen to the Cowbell!

9. I just about snarfed my water all over my laptop!!! Strangerous, you're killing me dude, but GIVE ME MORE COWBELL!!!

10. I have no clue what cowbell is guys lol I need and explanation on what it is.

11. If you love SNL like I do, you would search for the video. This skit was the best ever IMHO, Christopher Walken, Will Ferrel *Before he started sucking* doing Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper... You have to see the video dude, it's hilarious!

12. I, too, had never heard of it, but checking out YouTube, I have to admit that it's funny, especially if you know the background.

Still (in the spirit of "Get off my lawn!"), it's not as funny as the Belushi, Ackroyd, Radner SNL of old. You d_mned kids.

13. masfonos

masfonos Member

Ohio
    Probably the singular most quoted thing to come out of my mouth.

I love that bit. One of the guys that buys stuff from the company that I work for sounds EXACTLY like CW. I want so bad to try and get him to say that line.

14. Explore the space!!!!

15. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I thought i was the only one who wanted MORE COWBELL, and Primal, you are my biggest fan. I want you to start the Strangerous fan club, and get more of my fans... just don't stalk me, i'll cap you.

16. No worries on the stalking dude, you don't have the right equipment for that.... :wink:

MORE COWBELL!

17. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! MORE COWBELL!!!!!!

18. SHOOTER Z

I just googled Cowbel and this is some of what I found "Gene Frenkle is a fictional character invented for the sketch, though fans have occasionally expressed their sympathies to Blue Öyster Cult over his death. This fact is quoted in a loading screen for the music video game Rock Band ("Don't bother stopping to visit his grave while you're on tour -- Gene Frenkle is fictional" as well as "Health Tip: If you have a fever, the only prescription is more cowbell"). " :shock: :shock:

If you wanna hear more cowbell let me know. My uncle probably have a few lying around his farm and you can bang em to your hearts content :p :p