Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'd like to start off by thanking Jimmy at Kholster and Kadmos for letting Jimmy use his gun for a mold so he could make the holster. I have been looking for a good quality AND COMFORTABLE holster for my C9 for quite some time and never had any luck. A buddy of mine has a holster from Crossbreed for his Walther and I loved the style. I got a hold of Crossbreed and asked if they had one for the C9 and they basically laughed at me...little do they know how nice of a gun the C9 really is. I then continued to burn up Google until I found Jimmy at www.kholster.com. I emailed him and right from the start he was great...very friendly and willing to help. Unfortunately he didn't have a mold for a C9 either but was much more willing to help. I had tried to schedule one my techs to a site visit in St. Louis (where he is at) so we could get my gun up there for a mold but nothing seemed to work out. I then resorted to a shameless array of PMs to members of this forum in the St. Louis area asking if anyone would mind letting Jimmy use their gun as a mold. Several accepted (thank you to all of you) but Kadmos was the first to jump in and offer his gun.

Shortly after Jimmy made the mold of Kadmos's gun my buddy and I received our Kholsters. We were like little kids trying them on and seeing how to set them (since they're adjustable) for the best fit for comfort and conceal. We found the small of the back was the best for both of us but even strong arm was good too.... it just "disappeared" in the SOB and even when sitting down on the couch or in my car I have to keep it in the back of my mind that I'm carrying because it's so comfortable I can't feel it! The only issue we ran in to was that the clip eject button would hit on the leather backing of the holster and eject the clip.... NOT GOOD!!! So some minor alterations were made with a 7/16" drill bit and a razor blade and a hole was created for the clip button to set in and all was good. So far I have 2 more buddies that have put in their orders for their C9s.

I've posted some pictures to show you guys and let you see how well it conceals but if there's one thing I can guarantee…. you won't find a better guy to deal with than Jimmy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Woops....what happened to my pictures??? Oh well, you can click on the links to see them...if anyone has problems let me know or let me know how to post them so they show up in the thread.

I should also add that the last time I talked to Jimmy and was explaining the hole for the clip button he said that since every kholster is unique he was going to have to join the C9 club and get one of his own so that he can make sure he gets the hole modified.....Oh darn, I have to buy another gun...**laugh**"

·
Registered
2,031 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Here's the easy way:

Right click on the picture, select "Copy Image Location."
Go to your thread and type in (http://) minus the ().
Hit Shift + Ins to paste the copied location.
Type () minus the (), after the pasted image location.

Sound pretty easy?

BTW, very nice looking. Would you mind divulging the price? Is the tan colored piece leather also? That looks like it would be really comfy even for my jacked up Frankenstein back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking....are you talking about me or the holster :) yes, the tan part is leather so it is very comfortable and provides a barier between the gun and your skin. The costs are $45.00 shipped unless he's running a special....well worth the price.

Thanks for the tips on the pics

·
Registered
163 Posts
This is great. I tried to talk to the Crossbreed SuperTuck folks about a SuperTuck for a C9, and they basically laughed. This looks great, and if it's from someone who takes the C9 seriously, well, that's perfect.

This is going to be my "Congrats, you got your CCW!" present to myself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I only have one question for you. Why in the world are you wearing it SOB.....

steve
I tried it strong arm, 2 Oclock and 4-5 Oclock and with the C9 being a bit bulky it wasn't as comfortable and as easy to conceal. In the SOB it totally disapears and as I'm sitting here on the couch typing I can hardly feel that I'm wearing it. It may have been my jeans, not sure, but the SOB is extremely comfortable for me, it may be better for you strong arm. I don't think I loose any amount of time with SOB than I do strong arm...if it comes down to that small of a fraction of a second I'm in trouble any way :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm actually doing the test of all tests this weekend...my mother-in-law is staying with us for the weekend, well...since Friday and is leaving Monday.  She hates my guns (not my GUTS, but my GUNS :) )so i've been concealing this whole time as the test of all tests....so far she doesn't have a clue!

·
Registered
236 Posts
That looks very comfortable. I wonder if they have one for the .45. Ill email them sometime this week.

·
Registered
88 Posts
here is an update - i emailed jimmy and he says:

"We can definitely set you up with a Kholster for a C9. Now that I own one, I can fix the eject button issue :)"

looks like he is ready to go.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
any one have one who wears strong side and who's a bit "heavier"? I wouldn't mind trying one but that looks like quite a bit of leather to be against my rotundness.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
any one have one who wears strong side and who's a bit "heavier"? I wouldn't mind trying one but that looks like quite a bit of leather to be against my rotundness.
I don't know what you consider a "bit heavier" but I weigh in at 235 and am 5'11". I wear my kholster for my Bersa 9UC at the 3:00 position. If I slide it back to the 4:00 it's more comfortable but I keep tapping my "butt" on chairs and booths. When I move it back to 3:00ish I don't have that problem. I did trim the leather a little to make it easier to grasp the firearm. I can post a couple of pics once I get home. I can't carry at work and I'd look strange out in the parking lot taking pictures of myself.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
hey, thanks. That would be helpful. I'm looking for a new holster now and can't bring myself to spend $100 for one!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got an order in for mine, he said he's doing it this weekend. I'm left handed and have had a hard time finding a good left handed solution. I'm 6'3 260, so I'll let you guys know how it works for a bigger guy.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Ok. The pics I promised. I always wear a t-shirt of some type and boxer briefs so no part of the holster ever contacts my skin so I can't tell you what it'd feel like pushing into my gut. I'm with you on not wanting to spend $100's of dollars on a holster.

The holster incognito.

From the side.

From the front.

Showing the modifications I did to it.

Showing how my Bersa fits in it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts