iwb holster from mom?

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by tjulian, Jan 10, 2016.

1. tjulian

tjulian Member

Has anyone bought and used the iwb holster that is currently sold on the website by mom for the c9?

I was wondering if it was a good holster and if it held up well?

I did a search on HPFF but did not find any reviews.

My other choice of holster would be the tuck 3.0 from alien gear.

2. lsi1

lsi1 Member

I have NO experience with the iwb holster from mom but it looks fine.

Now here's my $.02 buyy the ag holster instead because when you start to carry that compact brick your gonna pretty quickly find yoursel doing 1 of 2 thingsleaving it at home or wishing for something else. Since the alien gear is a modular setup you can buy another shell without forking all that money over a second time when you do buy something else.

3. tjulian

tjulian Member

Isi1 thanks for the comments. I knew that alien gear scabbards could be swapped out but hadn't really thought about it.

I do plan to get a smaller ccw pistol one day, but it might take up to a year to save the money. So I will have to carry my C9 for a while. I will not be carrying everyday since I can't carry at work. Thus, I was thinking of supporting mom if the holster was of quality.

So I may just go with the alien gear holster.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Lisa Simpson knows all the angles... ;)

5. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I carried my C9 in an Alien Gear holster for like 2 years, and I don't have any complaints about it.

But like lsi1 said, you'll eventually want something lighter....and I did. I eventually got a S&W Shield. I swapped out my shell and have a great holster for the cost of shipping the shell back...less than $4

6. tjulian

tjulian Member

Thanks for the responses everyone. I've ordered the alien gear holster. Now the wait begins. :)

7. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

You won't regret it. I love mine and I have the original.