Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 10/22 a while back and it's plenty accurate but it jams real bad. I get nose up jams, double feeds, I had one stovepipe and I had to ram it out with a dowel. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
I bought a 10/22 a while back and it's plenty accurate but it jams real bad. I get nose up jams, double feeds, I had one stovepipe and I had to ram it out with a dowel. Any suggestions?
These guys are a great resource for all things .22. They have some very dedicated 10/22 aficionados:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/
I'm pretty sure that if they can't help you with a .22, you can't be helped...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Ruger Charger and it's really picky about what it likes and doesn't like...Seems to like all the expense stuff. Go firgure!

What ammo(s) have you tried?

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
What kind of magazines are you using?
i've narrowed alot of the proplems with my 10/22 down to magazines. so you may want to try and find somebody with one who's doesnt jam. switch mags for a day. see what happens.

the ones with the metal feed lips seem to work TONS better. plastic, not so good.

change up the ammo.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
My 10/22 prefers CCI (of course) but will run through Remington Thunderbolt, Federal Bulk (though it's somewhat jammy), that white box Federal stuff made for semi autos, and Remington Gold as long as I use Butler Creek steel lips magazines. My 10/22 only has about 500 rounds through it so it's not completely broken in yet I don't think.

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
my 10/22 has 120,000 plus rounds through it and it still jams with cheap mags. ive had the best luck with butkler crek steel lips and eagle poly mags for hi caps. factory 10 round rotary are the best lo cap.

SW

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
my 10/22 doesn't like remington golden bullets or winchester xperts, or those thunderbolts... it does like federal, fiocci, and cci minimag.

·
Registered
719 Posts
my 10/22 doesn't like remington golden bullets or winchester xperts, or those thunderbolts... it does like federal, fiocci, and cci minimag.
Which is funny because my 10/22 eats golden bullets and xperts all day with no problem (from 25round plastic hotlips mags, no less), but can't get through 10 CCI Blazers from a standard mag without jamming. I finally figured out it was because the Blazers have soft lead slugs and they deform easily during cycling, causing them misalign with the chamber and double load or stovepipe.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I have never had any jams or anything with any ammo. I use all kinds of ammo(name brands). As far as mags go, I have the reg. 10 rds mags, 30 rds mag. and 50 rds mag. This gun I shoot the most(cheap ammo). I have just about all name brand mags and never had any trouble, yet. The mags that have metal feed lips...last longer than the plastic feed lips. I would say to get the metal ones but the others are good too. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
My 10/22 likes everythig I have fed it. Every now and then I will start to get a few miss feed, and all I ever need to do to fix it is to lube the inside of the magazines. I either use remington dri lube or mr wrench dry lube (they both have teflon). Spay into the magazine and let dry. Miss feeds go away like magic. Stock mags or eagle plastic both feed just as well as long as they are lubed.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts