JCP just a few months old...

Discussion in 'Hi-Points For Sale' started by tallbump, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

SO, serioulsy thinking of sellifn my JCP.

I don't want to. I actually love it. I like it more than my C9. BUT I love my family more than both of those. Trying to riase some funds to get some fishing/camping gear and start makinf some summer memories with my family.

As much as I love the JCP, I don't need two pistols, (No, I really don't LOL) and I figure the C9 is more practical to carry. I refuse to not have a carry gun.

The JCP is just a few months old, only has 50 rounds through it. Haven't done anything to it, fired just fine. Only comes with the 1 factory mag and the regular stuff. And the slip on grip that comes with it. Butler Creek or Limbsaver Pro, can't remember which is on that and what is on my C9.

Anyways, trying to get an idea of what someone would pay. I paid $189 just earlier this year. (Yes, I know that's a bit high, but it's the best deal I could get local and wanted to support an LGS that actually sells Hi Points).

Anyone interested in making an offer? Got a suggestion on what it's worth?

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Craigslist or Gunbroker it for $175 or so......

3. tallbump

Can't CL it...stupid rules LOL

Didn't think of Gunbroker....never used it.

I'll have to look into that.

Did already get a PM with a reasonable offer....

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Just remember, you don't need high dollar gear for fun fishing. I bought the grand kid a cheap Zebco, as in the $5 (now $8) Zebco 202 reel at Walmart, to put on a crappy old pole I had for years. Liked the reel so much, I bought my own. And outfished the SIL 7-1 on rainbow out of the lake on little cheap no name Rapala type lures.:p

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Keep your eye on garage sales, you can find most everything you will need. Look for the charity garage sales, we only take donations. You can name your own price on almost everything there!

6. so 180 bucks is all it takes to make summer memories? You gotta shoot higher than that dude.

Keep the gun and find another way to have family fun.

remember, Never sell your toys!

7. HP/C9/45ACP

HP/C9/45ACP Member

I guess depending on where you and the buyer are as to what you can get for it. Here in western KY I can buy a new JCP/JHP for $159 with no FFL transfer fees. A friend offered me a JCP with 1 box of ammo through it about a month ago for $150, that included a case and 50 rounds of ammo. I wasn't in the market for anything at the time, but offered him $125 in case he was in serious need of money I thought I'd help him out. I figured if I decided I didn't want to keep it I could resell it and get my money back at that price.

8. tallbump

Well, I already have a rod and reel for me and the the gilrs. Wife would need one if she wants to participate.

Fishing license for adults are $25 apiece. Not a big chunk of $ I know. But I need to get my hunting license next payday, and that's $20 plus the $7 for doe tag. I only get paid twice a month, and there is only so much $ for discretionary spending. I don't want to wait until summer is half over to get out.

I don't want to sell it, I really don't. But again, starting to build this tradition and having this with my family is more important. No one else in my house has any interest in firearms, so I am trying to do something that will involve everyone. Ultimately I want to expand this to boating and camping. Got to start somewhere.

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Let me talk to brother in law. He got me two 6 man eureka tents and 6 sleeping bags for free. I'll have him keep an eye out. I've also got 8 or 9 fishing rods floating around.

10. tallbump

Good deal Rach.

Oh, I should clarify to about my future goals.

My daily driver car is on it's last leg. Hoping to limp it until tax time. Then i will be buying a used Silverado with cash as I get a decent return each year. Possibly get the boat then, most likely the following year. I am looking at the plastic, flat bottom boats they sell at places like Dick's and Gander Mountain. They go for about $500 new. They are designed to go right into the back of a pick up. You can add an inexpensive trolling motor too. Round here there are plenty of shallow waters I can use it in.

Also looking at used pop up campers. Can get them for $2,500 or less on Craigslist all day. THat will probably be another year or 2 down the road from the truck.

11. Rachgier

Try FB NEPA hunting and fishing has guys dumping skiffs with trolling motors for dirt cheap. As well as camping and fishing supplies for next to nothing. I know you're in erie but i make runs to buffalo all the time. And you're only 4 hours away from me as it is. From buffalo its only 45 minutes to erie if i remember right.

12. tallbump

Yeah, Buffalo to Erie isn't bad at all. Actually hoping to make a trip to the Falls this summer. My kids have never been there :(

13. I think your making the right decision bump. I have sold more than a few toys for my family (motorcycle, atv, Weatherby .308) i can remember them all. But toys come and go and can aways be bought again. Memories with your kids? Not so much.

And the jcp isn't exactly a family heirloom. Now if you were selling a colt python your daddy gave you i might argue

14. Rachgier

Almost wish i still lived in Pittsburgh. I would tell you to meet me half way and take that thing off you're hands tonight. I hate ny.

Edit: Damn I'm tired. Just had to edit this simple post 3 times for grammar and spelling.

15. tallbump

Just an update.

No takers on the JCP.

But, I'm still doing the camping thing, just a bit different and on a smaller scale.

This weekend, we're going out to our friend's in NY. The 10 year old are going to borrow a tent and some sleeping bags. We'll pitch the ten out away from the house. We'll do some fishing, hiking around a bit. Hotdogs over the fire, etc...

He just got (well, it is being delivered tomorrow) a new tandem kayak, so we'll take that out on the lake for a bit.

The wife and my little one are going to tag along, but they'll sleep in the house (wimps:D).

All in all, it should be a good time. It will be a good intro to the outdoors fro my daughter. The rest of the family can participate. This will be very inexpensive and also fun. If the kids seem to enjoy it, I'll get our own tent and some sleeping bags and some other gear.

I'm also getting my hunting license this evening (have to get m doe tag in over the weekend) and possibly the fishing license to (yay for payday and a bonus).

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Excellent beginning.

I was always huge on good but inexpensive gear. I have about 8 tents, mostly backpacking type. If I had just bought one "really" good one I'd have saved money. On the other hand I have a wide variety, from serious 4 season tents to ultra light stuff to full on three room cabins, and I never felt bad about letting the kids use stuff on their own.

And now that I'm old and fat, and my kid is nearly gone (one more year!), and my mom gave me her camp trailer, I'm less and less likely to use any of it.:rolleyes:

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    When you get to that point, try Campmor.com they have good name brand equipment at good prices.

Get synthetic sleeping bags, they are lighter than the cheap cotton or flannel lined, they pack smaller, they stay warmer if wet, and they wash better. Trust me.;)

18. tallbump

Thanks, I'll check out that sight. Hoping to get a camper someday. Looking at some popups some day.

Had a tent given to me. It's only 4 1/2 by 5 1/2.

GOt a text from a friend from church who needed hlep with his car. SO while working on that, I mentioned the camping. He had a never used tent, 7 1/2 by 8 1/2. That came home with me. :D

God is good in deed.

19. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

The Lord works in MYSTERIOUS ways!

20. tallbump

Obligatory bonfire pic

[​IMG]

Kayaking

Me and my 10 year old. This is one of those kayak's by Hobie that you "pedal" with your feel. Pretty cool

[​IMG]

Going old school just because

[​IMG]

Just a few cool pics of weekend fun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.