Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
29,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd been buying Wal-Mart's blue jeans because they have wide, easy to access, pockets. In protest against Wal-Mart's dabbling in the current Social War, I've stopped buying their jeans and switched to Rural King blue jeans. They're decent quality and competitive price but the pockets are short and narrow, making it difficult to access a pocket carry (Taurus 738 TCP).

It has become simply too aggravating, and frankly potentially dangerous, because I don't believe I can get my pocket carry out as quickly and smoothly as with my previous blue jeans.

So, what blue jeans do you use for pocket carry?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
10,145 Posts
Carhart

Reactions: Rerun and RandyB

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,398 Posts
I'd been buying Wal-Mart's blue jeans because they have wide, easy to access, pockets. In protest against Wal-Mart's dabbling in the current Social War, I've stopped buying their jeans and switched to Rural King blue jeans. They're decent quality and competitive price but the pockets are short and narrow, making it difficult to access a pocket carry (Taurus 738 TCP).

It has become simply too aggravating, and frankly potentially dangerous, because I don't believe I can get my pocket carry out as quickly and smoothly as with my previous blue jeans.

So, what blue jeans do you use for pocket carry?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I don't wear jeans. I wear 511, tru spec, and CQR tackle pants. Come in numerous colors, fast drying, a lot of pockets. Cooler than heavy jeans. Try some

·
Administrator
29,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Multi-pocket khakis practically scream tacticool these days.

I'd rather have blue jeans, to be honest, but if there's no other options I guess I'll have to go that way.

Still, I know that the Walmart brand ones worked. So there must be others.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

·
Super Moderator
10,145 Posts
I can carry a 1911 Commander in my Carhart front pocket.

Reactions: moona11

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,398 Posts

I'd rather have blue jeans, to be honest, but if there's no other options I guess I'll have to go that way.

Still, I know that the Walmart brand ones worked. So there must be others.

Your worried about tactical cool. Have you forgotten the crap you wear. Lol

Stop buying shit clothing. Buy some decent threads they last longer and are more comfortable. It doesn't have to be khakis. I just prefer them in various colors due to wearing them everyday for the last 20 years. We wore them as part of our uniforms.

Better yet have your wife go shopping for you. And have her get you a complete new wardrobe. Especially new hats. New hats not that crap you wear that screams get in my van.

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
Isn't that one of Wal-Mart's brands....?
Along with Dickies and Carhartt.
:rolleyes:

Anyways. If you have a Tractor Supply Company, or a Wilco store nearby, you can check their stuff out. Rustler branded jeans are a common sight around here, but they're also owned by Wrangler.

Spendy brand but Duluth Trading?

But honestly, @lklawson ; given how you're a martial arts instructor and enthusiast,, I'm surprised you aren't looking for something like this 🤔
Poster Publication Font Sleeve Advertising

·
Premium Member
36,969 Posts
No they don’t. Everyone wears them. Like, literally everyone that isn’t wearing jeans. They’re just cargo pants with some panache.🤣

Personally, I wear Wrangler Authentic shorts about 90% of the time. Cargo pockets, a “tech pocket” for the phone, and roomy pockets for my pocket guns. I can’t remember the last time I wore jeans. When I wear pants….it’s the Wrangler cargo pants.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,398 Posts

Anyways. If you have a Tractor Supply Company, or a Wilco store nearby, you can check their stuff out. Rustler branded jeans are a common sight around here, but they're also owned by Wrangler.

But honestly, @lklawson ; given how you're a martial arts instructor and enthusiast,, I'm surprised you aren't looking for something like this 🤔
View attachment 76644
Cost to much.

·
Premium Member
22,318 Posts
I have to wear cargo pants. One pocket to put my eye glass case with "cheater" reading glasses in. One for my cell phone. One for my FHP lock blade, and spare mag for my daily carry. One front pocket for my wallet with the LCP Max behind it. Keys are on a crap carabiner hanging off a belt loop. Nothing in the back pockets. It's bad for spinal alignment. I haven't carried my wallet in my back pocket since 1982.

• Wow
Reactions: Rerun and lklawson

·
Premium Member
26,435 Posts
Levi's S67 Athletic cut jeans. It's a straight legged boot cut fit.

Then again, my legs are as thick as your torso, so my jeans generally tend to have bigger pockets than your narrow ass...

·
Registered
831 Posts
I only wear jeans when I'm riding the bike. Other than that its 5.11, Tru-Spec, LAPG, or CQR's in various colors. I also have black for chef wear at work. When riding my Ruger EC9s stays in a handlebar bag up front.

·
Premium Member
9,427 Posts
5.11 makes nice cargo pants, but I have a pair of Woolrich cargo pants I've been wearing since 2008. The pockets in these are more vertically oriented than the 5.11 trouser pockets, and the back pockets come around to the center of the hip line to allow a folding knife to be clipped to the side, while leaving the front pocket free for my pistol.

10 minutes later:
Okay, Woolrich doesn't make this pair of pants, anymore, but they do make other cargo pants that would work. Their jeans also look like they have monster pockets that would suit your needs.

·
Administrator
29,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

View attachment 76644
I remember seriously looking at a pair of those back in the '80s. Too pricey for me then. :)

·
Administrator
29,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No they don’t. Everyone wears them. Like, literally everyone that isn’t wearing jeans.
not around here. It's either slacks or jeans. The only cargo anything's people wear in this area are cargo shorts. And I can't wear those to church or work.

Reactions: ajole

·
Administrator
29,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wore Dickies brand cargoes for a long time. But, like I said, in my environment it says certain things.

That said, I ended up buying a pair of wranglers. We'll see how well it works. From the brief try on I did a little bit ago the carry and draw was fine. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: adam01364

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,398 Posts
I wore Dickies brand cargoes for a long time. But, like I said, in my environment it says certain things.

That said, I ended up buying a pair of wranglers. We'll see how well it works. From the brief try on I did a little bit ago the carry and draw was fine. I guess we'll see.

Whats it say? You prefer comfort to swas?

Honestly what does it say? Cause its all I wear and no one not one single person has said or hints at anything. You work on an Air base its not that hardcore.

·
Premium Member
26,435 Posts
Whats it say? You prefer comfort to swas?

Honestly what does it say? Cause its all I wear and no one not one single person has said or hints at anything. You work on an Air base its not that hardcore.
Maybe he doesn't want people to think he's a poseur by trying to be all tacti-cool?

• Helpful
Reactions: lklawson
1 - 20 of 37 Posts