Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I like the chrome with wood grip J-22s. Does it have a sliding safety?
Yes this one has a sliding safety. First one I have seen with these wood grips. Unfortunately this one is a single shot, it was pretty clean but not lubed. I just spent a little time on it after shooting it, a little 400 grit sand paper here and there and some oil the slide worked better. If it does not work all that good I do not care, cause it looks pretty and the wood grips are nice 馃榿

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@harleyboy65 its a pretty basic pistola. When you say it's a single shot, what happens? Failure to feed? Extract?
The main problem is failure to extract, the round is getting pulled from the chamber and jamming sideways in the slide. The feed ramp it dirty, so I imagine the chamber is dirty also. I feel it needs a new recoil spring also, the mag spring seems weak also, it only came with one.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sat down with the Jennings J-22, I did a good cleaning, frame, slide, striker channel. I polished the feed ramp because it was dark gray in color and a little rough(minor). Went over some rough spots with file and 400 grit sand paper. I had 2 mags with jambs and wha la it started functioning, shot CC standard velocity first, federal and some Winchester. Mine and bumthumbs J-22 have something in common.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts