Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes this one has a sliding safety. First one I have seen with these wood grips. Unfortunately this one is a single shot, it was pretty clean but not lubed. I just spent a little time on it after shooting it, a little 400 grit sand paper here and there and some oil the slide worked better. If it does not work all that good I do not care, cause it looks pretty and the wood grips are nice 😁
I've found that mine only works properly once it's dirty. If I clean it, there is typically a 3-4 magazine break-back-in period where it refuses to cycle. Pesky things generally, but fun once they're working and great for malfunction drills.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Your Jennings manual must be a different version than mine. The one I have doesn't appear to make any ammo recommendations whatsoever.
View attachment 76287

Jimenez Arms did provide a list of recommended ammo for their JA-22, which did include Stingers. Here's what they suggested for the JA-22:

RECOMMENDED TYPES OF AMMO

22LR: 40 gr FMJ (Full metal jacket) / HP (Hollow point)
-CCI Stinger
-CCI Mini mags
-Federal Target Load
-Federal Game Shock
-Winchester Super X
-Ball or Round nose / Brass Casing

FWIW, I never had luck with CCI Stingers, the casings pulled out from the barrel just fine but they always got stuck in the ejection port. I figgered it was due to the casing being a tad longer.
I've had the same issue with Stingers. Regular old CCI Blazer bulk ammo runs just fine, but I've never had luck with much else. I am going to try Federal Punch out of it to see what happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts