Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your Jennings manual must be a different version than mine. The one I have doesn't appear to make any ammo recommendations whatsoever.
View attachment 76287

Jimenez Arms did provide a list of recommended ammo for their JA-22, which did include Stingers. Here's what they suggested for the JA-22:

RECOMMENDED TYPES OF AMMO

22LR: 40 gr FMJ (Full metal jacket) / HP (Hollow point)
-CCI Stinger
-CCI Mini mags
-Federal Target Load
-Federal Game Shock
-Winchester Super X
-Ball or Round nose / Brass Casing

FWIW, I never had luck with CCI Stingers, the casings pulled out from the barrel just fine but they always got stuck in the ejection port. I figgered it was due to the casing being a tad longer.
adam01364, The recommendations were on a separate piece of paper inside the box.

·
Registered
10 Posts
adam01364, The recommendations were on a separate piece of paper inside the box. It just dawned on me that because it was on a separate piece of paper, it may have been a paid suggestion by CCI and Remington. My manual is like yours. Stingers and Mini Mags are the only ones that don’t jam on mine. I think RemOil was the first Teflon oil on the market.

·
Registered
10 Posts
adam01364, The recommendations were on a separate piece of paper inside the box.
Correct. About 1 X 3 inches folded inside the instruction sheet. I still have the instructions but not the separate sheet. To paraphrase something like, “For your Jennings to work consistently we recommend shooting only CCI Stingers ammunition and using RemOil on the slide rails.”

1 - 4 of 4 Posts